Poll

Do you like this map ?

1/5 : That's not even an adventure DUH !
2/5 : Not bad but I prefer to discover secrets, I'm not a fan of competitive maps
3/5 : It's cool but I loose every time, it's not well balanced
4/5 : This map has a great potential and I love the ideas, but you could add more things !
5/5 : Hotlane will be an Hamerwatch's classic, develop it further and take my money !

Author Topic: [PvP] Hotlane 1.0b - The competitive PvE map  (Read 55779 times)

Vatticson

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [PvP][WIP] Hotlane - BETA 0.3
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2013, 09:27:40 PM »
Hey! i've played it with Mr. Kook :D

Yeah the map looks like it has potential. I have to say, i've used the Paladin without his ultimate, so, it was really hard to reach the end!! :_D

Ò-Ó, i don't know what to say. This could be a great map with the right decisions!

One thing got me confused, though. Where do you exactly activate traps for the other players? didn't see some button like that to do it (the buttons i've seen were for opening doors and stuff i think).

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
There's actually 2 buttons : one right after the flame labyrinth to activate electric ball projectile launchers between the labyrinth room and the bat room. There's an other one right after the skeleton room to disable the 2 annexes (3 powerup pots, 3 steaks and 3 mana orb) that can normally be opened with bronze keys that you find in the flame labyrinth :) !

With those keys you can also open the 1st bronze door, but it's kinda a trap... With all the skeletons and the bats, and the tower and stuff, it's kinda impossible to finish this room.

Ah yeah, as I said all the classes are balanced with their ultimate. I'll maybe make different balanced build but that's quite long to balance every class ^^

guyd00dman

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 05:34:00 PM »
A fun twist on this would be to have 2 lanes, one with a bunch of traps waiting to be activated and a single player running through, the other with the remaining players and switches to activate the traps to try to stop or slow down the player running through. They take turns racing through the lane and triggering the traps, and the fastest time wins.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 11:05:40 PM »
That's a good concept for an other map.

But here, when it will be played with 4 players, you'll feel the all the tension of progressing faster than the others in your lane, watching your neighbor lanes to see where the other players are and stuff.

I'm still creating the 3rd and 4th lanes, it takes a lot of time. By the way I'm a music producer so I also have to make some tracks... And to study because I'm a student after all xD !

KptnKook

• Immersive or DIE!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
hey last time i played, we couldnt play correctly... we were 4 players but only two lines where present. you could enter the other for, but there where no tiles or doodads.. the areas were empty!

know that bug?

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
Yes, as I stated in the description, the map is only playable in 1v1 and 2V2 at the moment. The 1v1v1v1 will be out soon as the v1.0 but it takes a LOT of time to make it.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 12:26:41 AM »
Very fun, very unique, well done. It's a fun map, but it takes forever to beat one lane, besides that I think it was creatively made. 3/5

128thNotes

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 09:37:04 PM »
This is excellent, sure to become a PvP classic in my opinion. In addition to the counter for who kills the most enemies, there should be some kind of separate mode or option for the lanes to be a race, and the winner is the first one to the end. Keep up the hard work!

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 01:12:35 PM »
About Statistics, they will be added at the end of the map :)

I'm also thinking about runes (like in DOTA) : Haste, Double Damage and stuff. But it requires lots of coding work (custom potions effect... I still have to figure how those things work).

About the advancement of the map, I can only work on it during weekends because of my studies. All the lanes are almost ready, I still have to make all the scripting stuff (the traps activated by players in other lanes) and debugging though :/

I expect that the 1.0 version will be out in the end of September.

P.S : Here's a 4 Players Beta version that needs debug. I haven't tested the 2 new lanes yet. I hope that I will have some time in the next days to test it properly ;) : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5HcYasAxCObdTMwYm9aZTJJcWM/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:53:35 PM by Grokitach »

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: [PvP] Hotlane 1.0a
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:34 AM »
New version, 4 lanes, many new things, I hope you'll like it ;) ! Check first post for more info

And thanks for your support guys :) !

And Clarity, the more you'll play this map, the faster you'll finish it. It's recommended to take your ultimate. And with the new upgrades system, I think that the map is really easier than before.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 11:08:25 AM by Grokitach »

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: [PvP] Hotlane 1.0b - Major Bug fix and 4 lanes version
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2013, 04:03:01 PM »
New version, all script error fixed, major bugs fix.

http://tiny.cc/hotlane1b

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: [PvP] Hotlane 1.0b - The competitive PvE map
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 07:00:35 PM »
Poll added, cast your vote.

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »
Can I play this level local co-op? Or is it online only?
Sharing the screen in this run is possible?

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »
it's possible in HP pool... But you'll lost all the interest of the map

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
no, sorry, I mean playing sharing screen, not hp pool.
for sure sharing hp isn't that funny in a competitive match :)