Poll

Rating this level

1 / 5 - bad
2 / 5
3 / 5
4 / 5
5 / 5 - good

Author Topic: [Survival]Survival in Colosseum 1.6.2  (Read 58627 times)

KptnKook

• Immersive or DIE!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: [Survival]Survival in Colosseum 1.04
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
i already had another custom map inside the levels folder, which was called "survival". i took it out of the folder and not you survival_collosseum can be played.

so it seems the games are not allowed to have same names? but on the other hand, the name wasn't exactly the same?

well, i can play it now!

KptnKook

• Immersive or DIE!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2013, 08:18:54 PM »
it works now! nice work...

but it's surely hard! but i guess i'm the only one who wants to be treated softly in this kind of games :D

Vatticson

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 03:08:16 PM »
Hey! i've tried this map. Really liked it. The first boss was great because real timing with the attacks and the movement was needed with a wizard :D

At the second floor, though, when elite archers first spawned, there were 1- an insane amount of arrows and 2- my PC was slowing down, too many of everything!!!

Great job though :D it looks interesting

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 10:07:23 PM »
I really enjoyed this map, but I feel like I wasn't able to make much fun out of it unless I was soloing, because most people I've played with in the community aren't good at HammerWatch or just haven't played much. Being experienced with the ranger class I felt this map was a cinch for me, but overall I feel like it was a great map, but requires a little more improving for a little more difficulty.

Nastaros

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
Is the map final version, or still working on it?

btw its probably the best custom map so far! Good job. 5/5

kurohuku

• Survivalist in Colosseum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 05:15:33 PM »
Hi, thank you play custom map!

I will update it to 1.05 for more easier and adding new elements.
but, now busy... sorry!!
I will update it in this month!

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
Really cool map, I definitely rate it a 5/5. My friends and I had a blast trying to beat the dragon and once we also failed when it had about 100hp left. Really cool map, the real last boss is extremely difficult but even more fun because of it. Awesome work!

EDIT: I think the Warlock / Electrical Storm move may be a little overpowered in this mode. Here's why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti2m5dqS98o&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 09:06:12 PM by Shiftcore »
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

kurohuku

• View Profile
Re: [Survival]Survival in Colosseum 1.05
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 07:04:26 AM »
Hi, i updated new version now.
Download from here, version 1.05.
http://okanoworld.appspot.com/sample/hammerwatch/survival_colosseum.hwm

*More Easier*
- Stage 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 19, 22, 23

*More Harder*
- Stage 15, 21

*Fixed Bug*
- summon effect did not work
- there were 2 gold keys

And, rearranged all boss rooms.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:06:31 AM by y.okano »

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
5/5, nothing more to say.

at level 20 I just hoped that another 50000 waves were waiting for me but... it finished and I liked it a lot.

kurohuku

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2013, 03:35:23 PM »
hi sssank! thank you play!!
and...please check walls, when you killed the Dagon.
there is secret area to extra stages.

kurohuku

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 12:11:25 PM »
I updated to version 1.06.

Fixed bugs
- sometimes, gate not open in stage 25.
- sometimes, stage can't finish in stage 20.

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [Survival]Survival in Colosseum 1.06
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »
OH GOD,
you made my day!
 ;)

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 01:01:34 AM »
played last 5 waves
something like perfect :)
but.. why a golden key left?

artemiderus

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 05:34:06 PM »
Just played this with  my bro, this is a really great game design! I liked it a lot, simple and yet so very enjoyable. This is a real winner for the player community, keep up the good work!

Bman255

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 09:27:07 PM »
Hello! I just recently started doing a "First Looks" type series for hammerwatch custom maps, and featured yours as my first video. One thing that I noticed while playing was that the first boss seems just a bit too easy, due to the room layout. I plan on testing it with other classes as well, but with the Ranger it was very simple. I had a few ideas to make this fight more difficult and interesting, but I'm not sure how plausible they would be. My first thought was, would it be able to warp to another room for this fight? I feel like the pillar in the middle of the room makes the boss's nova way too easy to dodge. I love the switch system they used in the campaign. I think it would make this fight a lot more interesting. The other thing I noticed was the range of the boss's nova. I was able to just hang close to the edge of it with the ranger and simply walk out of it right away. I'm not sure how it would work with the other classes, but maybe the boss's nova should have a bit more range. Other than those small things about the boss, what I played of this is really well done and fun so far. I plan on doing a full playthrough of this after I finish recording for the day, so I may have some more suggestions. I'd love to get more involved with the custom maps and community, so if you need any help with testing or suggestions, I'd be glad to help. Thanks for the map!

Edit: After playing the game further I don't really have much else to add. All of the levels and bosses seem pretty balanced to me. My only problem was the dragon fight. As a solo ranger the fight get's overwhelmingly difficult towards the end, when all of the spawns activate. I find myself unable to clear fast enough for spawns, and then projectiles get to an unbearable point. The worst offender of this is the mages (not sure of their name) at the end. I found myself having a hard time moving out of the way of their projectiles after respawning. Maybe consider lowering the spawn rate of them, or consider only allowing one to be active from each spawn. I managed to blow through around 20 lives on this part alone. :\
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:35:20 AM by Bman255 »