0 (0%)
Could be better
10 (23.8%)
Good
10 (23.8%)
Excellent
21 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: [Campaign][WIP] : Requiem of Hammerwatch : alpha 0.8.5 (last edition : 05/31)  (Read 99845 times)

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign][WIP] : Requiem of Hammerwatch : alpha 0.8.1
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »
Hum yes, could be interesting, i will think about it, especially if it could fit with my projects about the campaign.
I'm thinking to make a better story, something really immersive, but it's not very easy because we can't know how many players will play, and which role they will choose. I have lot of ideas, but the editor can't allow me to do it like i want. For example, i started a pursuit race, powerfull monster chasing you in huges corriddors, and i have to delete all my work because i can't set the respawn point where i want without teleporting all the team.
Lot of little things like this.

Keppler : Yeah, i'll note your proposition, i'll call you if I need some corrections :)

Keppler

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
I'm thinking to make a better story, something really immersive, but it's not very easy because we can't know how many players will play, and which role they will choose. I have lot of ideas, but the editor can't allow me to do it like i want. For example, i started a pursuit race, powerfull monster chasing you in huges corriddors, and i have to delete all my work because i can't set the respawn point where i want without teleporting all the team.
Lot of little things like this.

I actually thought about a more immersive story when I played your map. I think that you have created a decent base for such a story.
I noticed that the game addresses the hero in singular in your campaign and I actually thought that you could translate it just as well to heroes and it would still be effective and allow for better multiplayer immersion.
One of my ideas was to have a side story to a bigger universe. Let's say if you liked the Lord of the Rings universe you could base the story around a bigger hero from that universe and have the players act out a major part of helping the hero. This way it does not matter whether there is one or many players going through the story and they can have a very significant role in the main hero's story without breaking the immersion!

This is just an idea though!

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2014, 07:34:55 AM »
That's a really great idea Keppler :D
I'll probably think about it, i like it a lot ;)

Paiyn

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 12, 2014, 02:14:24 PM »
Played this custom map with my friends yesterday and we had a blast. One thing I noticed that seemed to be missing is a shop to buy Move Speed increase.
Hope the map will only get better, keep up the good work!

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2014, 02:57:14 PM »
There's no upgrade for movement speed at level 1 :p
Thanks a lot for your support :)

artemiderus

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2014, 07:44:46 AM »
Just got this map last week and played for a couple hours. I must say I enjoy it greatly, I hope you have received good feedback for your hard work. This game is really great and this map significantly contributes to this community. Playing the most recent version, I didn't really see many issues at all. That first volcanic mountain was a little dark, but I do keep my monitor pretty dark, so it may be a non-issue. Easy to get going and is of a familiar set up, GREAT! Thanks!

Saffy

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2014, 01:54:14 AM »
This was fun after playing through the first dungeon but the biggest problem was going to the arena and getting permanently stuck requiring me to start the map from the start again as even when I reloaded, i could not leave the arena map. Also it's possible to get out side of the map beyond the tree lines quite easily.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 04:38:48 PM »
Yea I got stuck in the arena last time I tried it too, a bit annoying.

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
So, it's the week-end, gonna fix that today ;)

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
There we go, the 0.8.2 version is now uploading ;)

So, i wanted to announce something.

In 3 months, i gonna have some tests to enter in a great Video game school (ISART digitals), and they asked me to bring some projects i'm working on. I'll bring Requiem of Hammerwatch as my main project, and hope the jury will like it as you :)
So, I really want to thank you for your support, because thanks to you, i'll probably make my wishes come true :)
Thanks again.

King Knuffel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign][WIP] : Requiem of Hammerwatch : alpha 0.8.2
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 10:51:05 AM »
Although the map is very unfinished I like it.

You should change the Keys at the first level because if you got the bronze key and then leave the dungeon to buy some things in town the keys are reset to zero. If you didn´t open the bronze door buy that point that cause you to stuck in the game forever and you have to start it all over because there is no chance to get that key ever again (same to the golden key).
--> change that to trigger butons instead or make the players unable to leave the dungeon before they defeate the boss once they entered it. (or spawn key again if the reenter the dungeon)
I am pretty sure the same problem would appear with the keys in the 3thd lvl but I didn´t tried it there.

Make sure to change that bevore you enter this projekt for your test at the video game scool because there is nothing more frustrating than when you have to start a game all over again because of some bugs an in Hammerwatch you have only one savegame.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2014, 11:29:56 AM »
Remove the acts from the game, that way you can keep your keys between level changes, or keep all levels in the same act.

Xeronkar

• Boss scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »
I'll probably use another system to open gates, with more flags and switchs, and less keys.

Thanks for the feed back, i'll look at it :)

Hip : Yes, but the problem is you can use those keys in other situations and other levels :/

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
Ah, yes, I see.

King Knuffel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »
Sorry my misstake, I lost my keys to the merchant or the worldmap not because they were reseted but it remains still a problem.