Author Topic: Prototype mobs: Goblin towers  (Read 4888 times)

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
Prototype mobs: Goblin towers
« on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
This map contains two prototypes for a set of mobs i am working on.

the map contains two turrets they still need their own custom graphics but otherwise are working roughly how i planned them.

i would very much like your opinions on the turrets functionality, and what you think they should look like.

i will be working on a set of goblin engineers and goblin warriors to go with them.

download here
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 09:03:03 PM by Linaru »
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Prototype mobs: Goblin towers
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »
Looks awesome so far!

KptnKook

• Immersive or DIE!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »
the shooter works very good. i would just think that you could add some trigger animation or even just a sound (to make it harder), shortly before the shot.

i like the arrow turret also... but it would be also nice, if some projectiles of turrets also hit the, enemies and therefore can be used for players advantage? maybe not the arrows, since they are to much, but maybe the fire projectile?

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
the shooter works very good. i would just think that you could add some trigger animation or even just a sound (to make it harder), shortly before the shot.

i like the arrow turret also... but it would be also nice, if some projectiles of turrets also hit the, enemies and therefore can be used for players advantage? maybe not the arrows, since they are to much, but maybe the fire projectile?

i hope to add some sounts and some custom art to the mob thisis just to test out the mobs mechanics and get an opinion on people feel it should work.

if like to add a charge ing animation to the beam turret so you know when its about to fire.

i dont think its possible to make mobs hurt other mobs since all enemy mobs are on the same team and projectiles detect the mob that owns it to decide who it damages.
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 09:57:15 AM »
I like it very much, i found it in the ravenwatch folder when he let me use his customs, i tried to use it (Just to see if it worked) and my game just crashes from trying to use it
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

Kashlavor

• Spike Dodger.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 06:59:12 AM »
Noo, the file is gone, I was hoping to check this out.
Starting work on the Lair of the Archnecromantrix, a Hammerwatch campaign!