Author Topic: [Recruiting] Custom map Design Team  (Read 19046 times)

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
[Recruiting] Custom map Design Team
« on: August 28, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »
ill start with a short explanation and expand on it further down.
I am looking to put a team of people together to work on a very large map project, a scratch built remake of my greyfall campaign.
I am not looking for just anyone but for specific skill sets and amount of dedication to the project.

a lot of people have been messaging me about how they like my 'greyfall' campaign and asking when i will finish it, the map is an abandoned project i was working on during the beta.
its primary purpose was not to act as a full campaign but to show both mapmakers and the devs themselves just how good the editor is and to try and push its limits.

however as a result of the high number of messages i am planing to create a new campaign map based on the one in beta, the project will be approximately 5 acts long each act consisting of 3-4 floors. it will consist almost entirely of custom art and custom music. it will have a basic narrative story, world map and limited quest system built around the mechanics of the old map.

The size of such a project is far to much for a single person so im looking to put together a small development team for the map.

i need people with the skills to:

Create Scratch built mobs, completely custom art.   (Sprite Artist)
Create new tile sets and doodads                         (Pixel Artist)
Create custom sound effects for mobs and skills    (sound Artist)
Create Custom music tracks                                   (Music Artist)
Create completely new and unique puzzles           (Script Eventer)

i will be working on the overall level design and compiling all the resources created

If your interested please post below with a few examples of your work,a bit of information about you (time zones free time to work on project etc) and an explintion of what you think you can bring to the team.

Please DO NOT private message me. i get a lot of those :P

project
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:27:34 PM by Linaru »
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

KptnKook

• Immersive or DIE!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Custom map Design Team
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »
I'm making ad adventure right now. My goal was also to show new aspects in script eventing besides the puzzles in those 2d games. i am maintaining an monkeyisland adventure style in the events and riddles to add a living ambience, using talking and reacting npc's.  I was very happy to see your way of scripting dialog into the game.

if you are interested in both immersive/adventure scripts in your game i would be glad to add some.  also classical creative storytelling is my best of interests. if you want to add some spice into the story, or need inspiration, i can give advice or just "listen".

but i'm no programmer. i get to my limits sometimes... if somebody would be there to help me out with some minor issues, i can improve my work and unfold the creative approach into a practical one much faster.
i'm also drawing a kind of cavetroll based on the boss-knight. so, i can also try myself in some pixelwork.

i live in germany.
i have got plenty of time.
i'm very interested in learning and in fact making a 2d game on my own (with gamemaker), which comes very near to this game, from the basics.
i can only show you the troll i drawn. i just begun my event scripting story, and would want to add more into it, to show you.

here is one pic of the troll. it's not done yet. and it's my first piece of pixelart! :) don't judge to hard on me! you can actually see the improvements in the details or the posture, by examinig the first pic and those at the end...

regards
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:11:17 PM by KptnKook »

lemec

• Hack and slice at half the price
    • View Profile
    • Art
Re: [Recruiting] Custom map Design Team
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »
I'm interested in working on sprites/spritesheets. I have a fair amount of time I can devote to the project, but I need specifics. I can't just operate on "I need sprites."

I can make creatures, environmental hazards and items.

Will we be using Hammerwatch's existing colour palette?
Also, what critters are required?
What actions will they be capable of?
What about sprite timings? How many frames needed for attack/pain/walk?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:29:17 PM by lemec »

Linaru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »
I'm interested in working on sprites/spritesheets. I have a fair amount of time I can devote to the project, but I need specifics. I can't just operate on "I need sprites."

I can make creatures, environmental hazards and items.

Will we be using Hammerwatch's existing colour palette?
Also, what critters are required?
What actions will they be capable of?
What about sprite timings? How many frames needed for attack/pain/walk?

this thread is just to recruit specifics are to be discussed via steam or skype so we can all have some input.
check your pms
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Juschlan

• I like trains.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
I can't believe it, that also someone else wants a Custom map Design Team. Thought about that before. If there's a Team it should do multiple maps.
I played around with the editor and I'm not a good mapper, because I suck at the easiest Scripting. I'd like to create the doodad-placement stuffs, but:
i will be working on the overall level design and compiling all the resources created
Maybe someone does the paths, someone the Design (Act 1 chains, Act 4 paintings), someone does the puzzles and secrets and someone adds doors, keys, money food etc. That way you could do everything way faster than a single person

I don't think, that you will find all that what you want, like a sound creator or music creator.
Good Luck! I hope your ideas can become true. I want to play more Hammerwatch maps!

Keefachu

• Yakisooobaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 02:52:48 AM »
I'd love to help, but the most I could do is throw out ideas, like new ideas for maps, enemies, and puzzles even. But I don't know if that'd be much help, hehe..

Linaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 03:52:09 PM »
I'd love to help, but the most I could do is throw out ideas, like new ideas for maps, enemies, and puzzles even. But I don't know if that'd be much help, hehe..

i have many ideas  to many to fit in a single map project but feel free to throw some out if you like.
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2013, 10:05:53 PM »
Do you have to be very skilled?

Linaru

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 12:37:28 AM »
Do you have to be very skilled?

well not very skilled but adequately skilled, want the music to sound good and the art to look good the only real way for my to judge that is for people to post me examples of their work..
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 03:37:40 AM »
I wish I knew more musicians.

Linaru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 05:21:04 PM »

you don't see many around doing this type of thing. i game music is significantly more work than some image files or new models.
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »
Music artist ? I can be your guy :

https://soundcloud.com/duall1ty

I really like to work with epic drums and ambient sounds.

About sound maker, it's pretty hard to make your own monster/item sounds. I think that it could be better to borrow other games' sounds (Heroes of Newerth is a good source of sounds ;) !!)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:54:41 PM by Grokitach »

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 09:45:45 PM »

you don't see many around doing this type of thing. i game music is significantly more work than some image files or new models.

only if you want it to be decent :P

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 11:33:56 PM »
I too make music but it's nowhere near the quality of the other guy. However if you want me to make some sort of in game, 8bit sounding loops then I'll be more than willing to cook something up for you guys!

http://www.soundcloud.com/shiftcore
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 07:09:17 AM »
Hey Shiftcore, your sounds are pretty cool ^^ ! And yours are somewhat better than some of my tracks in terms of production.

But I don't think that dubstep fits really well to Hammerwatch  ;)