Author Topic: [Recruiting] Custom map Design Team  (Read 19040 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: [Recruiting] Custom map Design Team
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 10:46:46 AM »
Hey Shiftcore, your sounds are pretty cool ^^ ! And yours are somewhat better than some of my tracks in terms of production.

But I don't think that dubstep fits really well to Hammerwatch  ;)
I guess that depends on the campaign eh?

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 06:34:07 PM »
You're right, it doesn't. I am experienced in many fields of production however, including 8bit old style video game sounds. If there's anything that requires that please contact me, I will do my best to produce whatever you guys need!
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 01:45:01 PM »
i am mostly looking for music that will match the style of hammerwatch's game music. just need something new for each of my dungeons and bosses.

you both have okay music but neither are hammer-watch styled which makes it difficult to tell if you'd be any god at the style i need. if youd like to have a go at a retro/hammerwatch styled sound clip it would make things easier for me to tell how good you are.

i also like the old golden axe games music =3
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »
Epic drums and pads should fit well Hammerwatch's ambiance. If you are looking for someone that will do exactly what you want, you'll have to pay him for sure.

That's not my case. Just check out my map Hotlane. It includes great tracks, really different from Hammerwatch's, but it fits pretty well to the game.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 04:04:46 PM »
I may be interested in the Script eventer position since I've been playing with the scripts a lot lately and trying to understand them to update the wiki. I'm also can understand the XML easily so if we have any artists they can concentrate on that part only and let others set up the xml files.

Only questions would be who's acting as level designer or will you split it up with one person taking project lead and pass the general level designs onto others so they can implement them.

Plus do you have any idea of a time-scale you'd like to work at else I get the feeling it might end up with people running at different speeds and bottlenecking a lot causing people to lose interest.

Don't have any specific to post yet (other that the super early alpha preview of my campaign) but I've got a degree in computer games programming wasting away so I'm fairly confident I can come up with some interesting ideas in the script editor over time.

muz

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 08:08:43 PM »
Hi guys, sounds great Linaru  :D I'm interested in making custom mobs, doodads and puzzles although I've only made one complex map so far, it's all good programming fun.

I think the best way for a team to get going is to open source the design projects in hosted source code revision control. One way is using free github repos, there's a small learning curve with using GIT, but once you've got it set up the developer leaders can only allow contributions once checked thoroughly. The major benefit, which NekoBaron addresses, is that people will lose interest so additions to scripts/doodas/items/etc can be arbitrary in size using Git and new campaigns can easily branch off or (merge into) a set of decent custom game files (all be it this adds to download speed in lobby, but repos are 1GB limit anyway)  :o

I might make some custom mobs and tiles I'm working on available this way, to give an example of how a Hammerwatch custom map team could work, thanks.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 08:56:14 AM »
It sounds awesome. I'll try to make a track for Hammerwatch.

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 02:48:31 PM »
Update:

i am still trying to get a team together for this project, i have fleshed out the first dungeons layout and lemac has drawn me a couple of mob sprites and was working on another but i have not heard from him for a while.
however some thing in rl have been getting in the way and my concentrations been messed up these past few weeks.

at this stage i am trying to figure which direction to go with the dungeon map next.

muz & NekoBaron- if your still interested in doing some eventing i could really use some unique puzzles to put in some of rooms , the puzzles will likely open a dawn or spawn a chest.

Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »
Update:

i am still trying to get a team together for this project, i have fleshed out the first dungeons layout and lemac has drawn me a couple of mob sprites and was working on another but i have not heard from him for a while.
however some thing in rl have been getting in the way and my concentrations been messed up these past few weeks.

at this stage i am trying to figure which direction to go with the dungeon map next.

muz & NekoBaron- if your still interested in doing some eventing i could really use some unique puzzles to put in some of rooms , the puzzles will likely open a dawn or spawn a chest.
I'd say I'm experienced with the scripting and can make some ridiculous puzzles if needed, at the moment I'm hoping to see if some extra scripting objects can get added to make variable checks simpler.