Author Topic: Healing Buff?  (Read 5103 times)

bewt

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Healing Buff?
« on: December 28, 2013, 05:39:15 AM »
I'm looking through all of the buffs and I don't see one that heals at all. I want to create a Mini-Boss which heals his allies periodically.

Is there a way to add healing to a buff? Is it a variable that exists and I just don't know how to call it? I was looking for the paladin heal in the source files but I think that is hard coded into the game.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Healing Buff?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »
You can use the heal spell that lich_4 has:

Code: [Select]
<dictionary>
<string name="type">heal</string>
<string name="anim-set">attack</string>
<int name="cooldown">500</int>
<float name="range">40</float>
<string name="sound">sound/monsters.xml:lich_heal</string>

<int name="heal">20</int>
<float name="cast-range">10</float>
<string name="particle">effects/particles.xml:player_heal</string>
</dictionary>

bewt

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
Yeah that's what I ended up doing.

I was thinking about other implementation too: like zones which heal mobs or players. I would use danger areas with 0 damage and a healing buff.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »
Yeah that's what I ended up doing.

I was thinking about other implementation too: like zones which heal mobs or players. I would use danger areas with 0 damage and a healing buff.

There would be a lot of benefits to having a buff that does 0 damage but applies the desired effects - Let's all bug Myran about putting that in! :D

bewt

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 08:46:41 AM »
Also custom potions. I want an anti poison or something to use for an infection.

It's funny, more stuff is added and it only makes us want more.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 12:12:22 PM »
Also custom potions. I want an anti poison or something to use for an infection.

It's funny, more stuff is added and it only makes us want more.

Yea, because the possibilities becomes greater. There's no remove poison potion because it felt a bit unnecessary to add. I however might think that maybe the regular potion and/or food could remove poison.

Mumpitz

• Evil Force
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »
As long as there is just one potion slot it is a bit rediculous to have a potion with you that just stops negative buffs. Than you have to choose between heal or debuff. I would prefer heal as long as the negative buff i not so extremly that it lasts for, lets say 10 seconds and do 50 dmg per second.

Really cool it would get with more than one potion and the ability to switch between potion-slots. Than you could have, lets say, 3 healing and one debuff. On maybe 'E' you switch potions an 'F' activates the currently selected potion.
greetings

Mumpitz