Author Topic: A couple of questions regarding community development  (Read 6072 times)

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
A couple of questions regarding community development
« on: September 02, 2013, 02:35:18 AM »
Hey there mods, admins and fellow players! I'm Clarity and I currently study C# on my own, kind of self-taught so far and I'm really interested in this game and possibly modding it. I'd like to know a few things before I go further.

1. Is modding okay for me to do, or perhaps do you prefer the community rather not tamper.

2. What language might the game have been programmed in? (I'll work on learning the language, out of pure love for the game.

3. Is there a chance for community created content to make it into the official game if proven worthy?

Thanks in advance!

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of questions regarding community development
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 02:43:08 PM »
The game is written in C#.
We encourage modding, that's why we released the editor.
If the content is _good_, I see no issues with including it in a future patch, or "official" release.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »
The game is indeed written in C# and there is no code obfuscation or anything like that applied, so it should be pretty easy to just decompile it.
If you do modding, I would just ask you to not release any decompiled source code since I have no idea about what kind of licensing implications that has, and also if your mod makes the game multiplayer incompatible with the non-modded game, please change the ResourceContext.NetworkVersion and ResourceContext.NetVersion variables (just add some high number to them), that way there shouldn't be any multiplayer issues with people joining modded games and stuff.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »
Wow, well whaddya know. I'm learning C# now so this just works out perfectly. Expect mods in the distant future.

Keefachu

• Yakisooobaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 02:40:52 AM »
I'd love to see more modders for this, honestly. I hope you bring us something good if you do decide to work on stuff!

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »
I'd love to see more modders for this, honestly. I hope you bring us something good if you do decide to work on stuff!

Definitely, just I might be a while. It's kinda hard balancing school, programming and other things in my life.