Author Topic: Future patches, upcoming features and fixes.  (Read 62730 times)

Bolmaron

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Future patches, upcoming features and fixes.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 02:50:30 PM »
Solandro, you should really post that in a separate thread where we could ask you about stuff without adding noise to this topic. I bet we can make it work with a few terminal commands, just let us help you :)

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »
Excited for new campaigns.

Keefachu

• Yakisooobaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 02:40:02 AM »
These are great, I can't wait to see these in game! I just wonder how they'll go into play properly though.

snowhusky5

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 11:07:32 PM »
I really hope being able to join a game in progress via the server browser is implemented soon. As well, when somebody leaves their character should still collect money that other people pick up, otherwise people will be discouraged from joining in progress because they would be underpowered compared to everyone else. Another thing that might be nice is the ability to see which character class(es) are vacant in a game in progress, and the ability to choose between them if there are multiple, so if you dont like a particular class you won't join a game just to find yourself playing that class.

a couple other things: we need a way for the host to kick people while playing, instead of just in the game setup screen. And if possible, for steam users to see the people they play with in the 'recent players' menu (for friend requests, etc). Despite all this it's still an awesome game though! And I like how you actually need to be good at the game to beat it, unlike many other campaign-style games where you can just keep dieing and trying again forever without any penalties more severe than a loading screen.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »
Yeah, the biggest part of adding the join in progress feature is the extra small stuff, like the kicking of people from in-game, getting a lobby when you drop in so you can pick and class and see the other players. All that stuff.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 08:58:25 AM »
When is the save-replay feature coming?  8)

Bolmaron

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
a lobby when you drop in so you can pick and class
Wait, so it will be possible for one class to drop and be replaced with another? What happens to skills then? Will they be converted between classes somehow, or maybe gold given back to let me pick my "build"?

I've never seen a Ranger buying Overgrowth in a co-op campaign, so let's say I'm jumping in as a Warlock to replace a Ranger, I have no money and no Life Steal Nova? (I'm guessing normally that conversion would happen, both being the "defence spell" of their respective classes.)

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 02:13:12 AM »
Wait, so it will be possible for one class to drop and be replaced with another? What happens to skills then? Will they be converted between classes somehow, or maybe gold given back to let me pick my "build"?

I've never seen a Ranger buying Overgrowth in a co-op campaign, so let's say I'm jumping in as a Warlock to replace a Ranger, I have no money and no Life Steal Nova? (I'm guessing normally that conversion would happen, both being the "defence spell" of their respective classes.)
What we are thinking is that if a completely new player drops in they get to pick a class and they will start out with no upgrades but as much money as everyone has collected, so they will be weak until a shop is found.
If the player has already been in the game they will just drop in like you can do now with your character who has everything he had when you left and has gotten any additional money that was picked up.

Kavex

• Modder/Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »

What we are thinking is that if a completely new player drops in they get to pick a class and they will start out with no upgrades but as much money as everyone has collected, so they will be weak until a shop is found.
If the player has already been in the game they will just drop in like you can do now with your character who has everything he had when you left and has gotten any additional money that was picked up.

That sounds logical

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 05:34:10 PM »
I really like that idea.

128thNotes

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 11:01:22 PM »
Will it be possible for games to be hosted and played with more than 4 players? Maybe even massive multiplayer maps that aren't directed towards a single goal, but rather open world/sandbox style so upwards of 20-40+ players could all play on the same server?

DragonSlayer

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 02:02:59 AM »
Will it be possible for games to be hosted and played with more than 4 players? Maybe even massive multiplayer maps that aren't directed towards a single goal, but rather open world/sandbox style so upwards of 20-40+ players could all play on the same server?

If this was done it would change the objective and game style that the creators wanted to give the game.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 03:03:06 AM »

If this was done it would change the objective and game style that the creators wanted to give the game.

It would open up possibilities for custom games or custom hosted games, etc. DOTA came from WC3, remember? Counter-Strike came from Half-Life right?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

icexuick

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »
Maybe not that many, but i do see the benefits of being able to play with 5 or 6 players.

I recognize lots of times when we had 5 or more players wanting to play, in which case every 4-player-max-games were dropped.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:37 PM »
Thanks for using my idea of graphics for stats Hipshot ;) !

I hope that a timer/chronometer option will be added soon :) !

About the Rogue class : a trap dropping skill would be awesome (that could work just like the arrow traps used by the Thieves of the good old Baldur's Gate II for example). I disagree with back stabs... That would be pointless :/ . A stealth skill would be cool if it costs mana over time with critical damages and chances upgrade. The mobs would also focus other party members if there's any while the skill is used. Throwing knives/shurikens could be cool too.

About PvP : 4 vs 4 games would be awesome, I got some really good ideas for original PvP maps ;) (inspired by some Granado Espada maps for those who know this game) !!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:34:19 PM by Grokitach »