Author Topic: Future patches, upcoming features and fixes.  (Read 62734 times)

Oorn

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Future patches, upcoming features and fixes.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2013, 09:30:11 AM »
After I wake up I always had great ideas so I wanted to share some of them. I just invented some of new types enemies in HammerWatch style, these are Trilobites and crawling Amonites..

http://www.creationism.org/images/DenverMuseum/DMNS02L_Trilobite.jpg
http://www.pinktentacle.com/images/ammonites.jpg

Arent they cool? With some cosmic feeling area maybe? And boss would be giant kraken.. not sure about sprites though ;p

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
Isn't that last one supposed to be, under water?

ogeraisi

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
I am glad to read this post however due to the lack of custom maps I would like suggesting putting higher priority on new campaigns.

I know it's not easy to create a large intricate campaign set aside a new theme for it and all the artwork/soundtrack but the lack of campaign maps pretty much the major weakness of the game and getting a few even small ones using the same settings will not be futile, could maybe use the current custom ones as base.

Keep up the good work :)

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
Since we are only two, things tend to move a bit slow and in the past few weeks we have been doing a lot of office and company things that has taken our time.
But I will most likely show some desert campaign graphics and so later this week or the start of the next one. We talked to our musicians too, so we will get two, perhaps three more songs to the game too!

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2013, 11:05:00 PM »
I'm eager for the desert tileset to use in my campaign, but yeah it takes a long time to get one made plus coding all the xml takes a lot of time too.

Plus I'd love to see if we can get a few extra scripting elements made for more complexed puzzles.

Biggest problem Hammerwatch has is getting multiplayer matches together, its always looks empty since obviously you can only join at the start of a game.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:28 AM »
Myran has said that it's easy for us to add drop in to matches, so that feature can be expected in the future.

Miubot555

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2013, 02:14:03 AM »
Hey, I love the game but can you please fix Steam multiplayer? I got the game to play online multiplayer with friends and it doesn't work. I tried port forwarding and shutting off my firewall but it didn't help. Could you please fix this?

l59674518l

• "Anything for the dark lords"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2013, 07:54:23 AM »
The devs should fix the problem with hosting from your internet where others on your internet IP can't host or join any others games while you are hosting. And they should bring out the rogue and priest soon.

OmegaII

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
I am glad to read this post however due to the lack of custom maps I would like suggesting putting higher priority on new campaigns.
Keep up the good work :)

I think you should ask if they put more work in the editor so the community can make the maps for them ;)

Devron

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 01:15:55 PM »
Hi, some friends of mine and I bought this game and we really like it, but one thing we'd like to see implemented is an auto-fire feature. :)

Keppler

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2014, 08:18:29 PM »
Devron, if you want the autofire "crutch", then look at the Hammerwatch Steam community forum, a guy just recently posted a way to enable autofire. It uses a 3rd party program though so it's entirely up to you.
I personally play with a controller (they way it's supposed to be played!) and have no trouble with bashing buttons as the thumbs pack more punch than the other fingers!

/edit: http://steamcommunity.com/app/239070/discussions/0/648814845342660038/ found the post.

Devron

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 07:09:48 PM »
Thanks, I play with a controller, too. Though I play with my pinky on one of the shoulder buttons (great exercise for guitar players). The controller software supports autofire, too. But in my opinion in this case it's more a nuisance rather than a gameplay feature.
I like how in older games you had autofire but could manually tap the button for shorter delay between attacks. Still a great game. :)

Eldur

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 04:00:09 AM »
I'd also appreciate an autofire function. AutoHotKey doesn't work with controllers or joysticks, that was also my first idea. I am playing with a PS3 controller that I bought for Dark Souls when it came for PC, and I used the motioninjoy software for a long time (installed it and then switched to the local version I found on the mij-forums, but I still don't like that UI, so I switched to Better DS3. The latter does everything mij does, except autofire :( - So I end up still using mij just for Hammerwatch and Better DS3 for anything else. I might add that I don't use the thumb buttons, but R1 for the standard attack which can lead to strains after playing Hammerwatch without autofire for 1 or 2 hours :D - this is a good example that shows how different the "problem" can be depending on the chosen "attack method"... using the thumb buttons would be easier as it would be to use the plain default control with cursor keys - pressing up all the time can be done without even moving the fingers, just tap it with the whole hand which is a very lot easier to do over time. And I think it wouldn't be a fault to add this to the control settings tab or as a crutch setting prior to starting a new game (but then it should be possible to change this in single player savegames afterwards) as there are many people requesting auto-fire. Another reason would be prolonging the life of the used controller buttons... my R1 does show some minor wear already, so I just don't want to stress it unnecessarily ;)

And I'm still waiting for a fix for that music loop bug :D

BTW that pinky exercise is a great idea :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 04:03:29 AM by Eldur »

Binahu

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
I'd also appreciate an autofire function. AutoHotKey doesn't work with controllers or joysticks

You could use a game pad and xPadder to map your gamepad to keyboard functions and use xPadders auto fire and toggle ability's. Worked great for Maplestory and other games I had played using the game pad.

Eldur

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2014, 09:10:49 PM »
Well, that removes the analogue control. Too bad we can't use a controller and keyboard mappings at the same time :D

Another thing I noticed: Since one of the patches, there are all these stat-upgrades like LP/MP, Damage etc... it would be nice to have a "character sheet" to see the actual stats and skill levels at once, just for information.