Author Topic: Please consider different classes.  (Read 20641 times)

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
Re: Please consider different classes.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 02:36:26 AM »
Alright, this time I put more thought into what I would like to see added to the game class wise. Obviously the Bard/Minstrel is still something I support, but I also came up with:

Gladiator: Golden Armor and holds an Ax - High Damage, Medium Health
Up: Ax attack, maybe lower angle than paladin's sword but with more damage
Left: Ax Throw, penetrating but in a boomerang style so it throws out left and circles around in front of you to the right and comes back
Right: Rage, burns up mana while in effect, but cloaks the user in fire dealing recoil damage to attacking foes
Down: Furious Swing, charges up then swings dealing massive damage directly in front of the user, maybe a 60 degree angle

Spell Sword: dark grey armor with no helmet to distinguish from paladin and uses flaming sword - high armor
Up: Fire Slash, attacks with a fire sword and applies combustion
Left: Ice Slash, attacks with a ice sword and applies frozen to enemies struck, 180 degrees
Right: Lightning Slash, points sword skyward and gets struck by lightning, then slashes forward and a bolt of lightning that penetrates but doesn't chain to other enemies shoots forward
Down: Earth Shatter, plunges sword into the ground creating a circle of cracked earth and stalagmites rise up to deal damage to enemies within the area.

I think that these two would make fine additions to the game, as well as that bard from before.
Hope you like them :D

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »
I'm not normally one to get on the whole "Suggestions" train, however I just wanted to say that I truly like the idea of the Spell Sword. Mostly because of the flavor, and I'm just a sucker for elementally enchanted weapons. It's like, the greatest thing... ever.
Every time I post I get nervous because I feel like the devs are judging me.

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
Thanks Enjay! My favourite class in any RPG i play is always the spell sword style, and I think lots of people would agree that enchanted weapons really are the coolest thing ever... just another reason they would be a great addition to the game.

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 11:16:46 PM »
They said they did a necro already and it was boring or didn't work well. They had summon or whatever as the ability. I think a necromancer would be cooler if it had summons as a defensive spell for running back or needing a tank that things attack (like a ghost or something) and then having heal abilities for their medium ranged main ability (soul sucking or something?) and their special abilities all cost life instead of mana. they literally have 0 mana and their special abilities cost life.

Think it would be challenging if done right. Not a class for nubs eh? :P
You're Right,something that would be really owshon is a class that challenges the player,,all the classes are easy,you can defeat the game easily with any class(Its Harder with the Warlock,but just on the bosses),and i know that Myran also play DotA 2,and im talking about some kind of "Invoker",but to hammerwatch.  :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:18:28 PM by Ykanns »
I have a badger named Alfredo. he does not like assholes

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 07:29:18 PM »
I also play dota 2, and having played invoker so many times there I think it would be great if something like him was in hammerwatch.

Hoodie

• Idk I like the warlock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 01:46:11 AM »

This is a cool idea, like a slower moving class?
I like to make da maps.

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 03:21:07 AM »
This is a cool idea, like a slower moving class?
Yet just as OP as the Paladin?
*wooshwooshwooshwooshwooshwooshwoosh* Wellp, I just cleared a room full of skeletons.
The King of Maernol

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »
The gladiator in my eyes would be strong, but i think it would be less OP than the paladin simply because it does not heal itself, and doesnt have an ever expanding arc attack. An idea I had would be to make it more like a double edged sword kind of class, which would modify how the abilities work a little. For example, Rage could do damage to enemies and the gladiator. This might make it more balanced, or it could make everyone hate it, but its an idea.

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 11:22:34 PM »
The gladiator in my eyes would be strong, but i think it would be less OP than the paladin simply because it does not heal itself, and doesnt have an ever expanding arc attack. An idea I had would be to make it more like a double edged sword kind of class, which would modify how the abilities work a little. For example, Rage could do damage to enemies and the gladiator. This might make it more balanced, or it could make everyone hate it, but its an idea.

No need to heal yourself if you're taking 100 damage per millisecond, Killing everything in 1 shot, or you're already being healed by combo-heal (which doesn't cost mana, that I use for Holy Storm). Everything's OP for the paladin.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the paladin got a heavy damage nerf, but got some more defensive skills (such as Shield Wall), and they add a Barbarian class which replaces the current Paladin.
The King of Maernol

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 02:32:19 AM »
But what about the double-edged sword class style for the gladiator? I think that would even out his melee damage and his survivability, to make him less OP. I do know the paladin is OP though, and combo heal helps a lot with that

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 01:15:35 PM »
But what about the double-edged sword class
Wat.
The King of Maernol

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 07:31:36 PM »
Double edged sword means that it does damage to itself at the same time as doing damage to enemies. I meant it as a style for the gladiator, not as a seperate class.