Author Topic: A bit of an idea to get this game more attention.  (Read 4002 times)

Keefachu

• Yakisooobaaaa!
    • View Profile
A bit of an idea to get this game more attention.
« on: September 04, 2013, 02:50:06 AM »
Now, this isn't quite popular yet. We've got a rather small community and all that. Now, I believe that this game needs to have a LOT more patches and whatnot before you should actually do this.

This is just an idea I want to put out, for consideration in the future!

Maybe after the game is more developed, you could hand a copy of the game to a popular YouTuber to play for themself? I've seen this done a couple times where a YouTuber got a game from a developer to play, and it ended up getting a LOT more attention. I said this in a comment to someone, and I'll say it again here, but in a bit of a different way.

YouTuber → Introduces gamers to game!
Gamers →  Buy game with money!
Money →  Funding for the game developers!
Gamers →  Also include a LOT of possible modders!
Modders → Community development and more game content!
Game Content → More gameplay and longer lasting fun!

Just an idea! I'm sure a YouTuber wouldn't mind making a lets play of the game if they enjoyed it. But I also think this should be done in the near future once you've added like, the finishing touches and stuff!

Mordaxx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of an idea to get this game more attention.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 06:39:48 AM »
I'm not really a big fan of Pewdiepie, but to be objective he would be perfect for this.

1. He loves fast action hack and slash games. (And indie games is kinda his thing)
2. He is the most subscribed and thus gets the most views.
3. He is Swedish aswell, and Pewdiepie fans always love Swedish games.
4. He plays anything he is sent and enjoys it/gives it a fair review while also making it look really fun.

I think TS is right, it would be a very good way to get more attention ^^

MasterPrior

• Addicted to the editor!
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of an idea to get this game more attention.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:56:39 PM »
I think thats a good idea, I watch Pewdiepie very often and I think he would love this game.
It's sad that this awesome game has a rather small community, I totally agree with you! This game needs a lot more attention!
I'm from Austria (the little state under Germany, (we speak German)). "Gronkh" is a quite big German Youtuber and he likes indie games too.

His video about the Hammerwatch Beta has about: 145.000+ views.

He hasn't played it since HW was released, but he liked it very much, I will send him a PM after the next patch, maybe he'll play it again.
Hammerwatch 2 in the far future, more campaigns or big patches would be extremely awesome, but this needs time and money from sales.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 11:04:47 PM by MasterPrior »