Author Topic: [Campaign][WIP] Diablo 1: Hammerwatch Editor  (Read 29312 times)

Zerel96

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
[Campaign][WIP] Diablo 1: Hammerwatch Editor
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:30:02 AM »

HAMMERWATCH EDITION

Welcome to Diablo 1: HammerWatch Edition. Here you will find a lot of treasures, deaths and horrors that will be killing your soul byte for byte. in this adventure you fill find:

FEATURES
  • The Original History Of Diablo
  • Original Sounds ripped from the original game (of course, a legal copy from me)
  • The Original OST ripped from the original game too
  • Town system: if you want to buy something, you must go to the city
  • 3 Acts: 1Act = 3lvl (i will try put more levels)
  • Original Tristram but now, the king leoric make a wall to protect the town from diablo hordes
  • English and Spanish translations. (with the voices too, but the spanish version will have the voices from Diablo 2)
  • the bosses will have voices from the original game too
----------------------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY
The game starts when the player's character arrives in Tristram. The labyrinth under the Cathedral descends from a simple dungeon to catacombs to the dark caves and finally the fiery pits of Hell itself, each full of the undead, monsters, and demons. Leoric has been re-animated as the Skeleton King, and the hero must kill him so he can be released from his curse. The hero must also kill Archbishop Lazarus, and eventually fight Diablo himself.
DOWNLOADS
(COMING SOON)
F.A.Q.
+Can i play the game multiplayer when the map will available?
-Yes, you can play it

+How we can return to city if we are in the level 7 (for example)?
-You will found a town portal in the levels 2, 4, 6 (always in the pair levels)

+The city is so big, can you make it a little small?
-nope, i have made the most fully recreation of the original town. you should thank to god that i put the wall in the town because i don't have water resources. if i have water resources, i'm sure that the city will be at least x2 bigger

+I need to pay something to play this?
-nope, if you have buy Hammerwatch. you just need to download this map and play it

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign][WIP] Diablo 1: Hammerwatch Editor
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:45:12 AM »
Interesting! I'd be glad to see some screenshots when they're available. Also, do you plan on implementing new monsters? You don't mention new monsters anywhere just the sounds? :P

Zerel96

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
i don't have any fu**ing idea how to make monsters. but if i learn how to make it, i will make the diablo (obviously), the butcher, the night clan monsters (that hybrid of human and goat) and zombies

MasterPrior

• Addicted to the editor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
The "programming" behind custom Characters (Monsters) isn't a big problem, but the skins need a lot of time ( ~ 45 skins for a good animation).
You have to declare all the animation - texture - coordinates [start: x/y] & [+x/+y] of the image file and the texture times. (in the .xml file of the Character)
The real programming behind the Characters are the "behaviors" (melee, ranged, spawner, caster...) but I have currently no idea how to make a "behavior" :/
I hope my English is understandable.

Clarity

• Community Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
The "programming" behind custom Characters (Monsters) isn't a big problem, but the skins need a lot of time ( ~ 45 skins for a good animation).
You have to declare all the animation - texture - coordinates [start: x/y] & [+x/+y] of the image file and the texture times. (in the .xml file of the Character)
The real programming behind the Characters are the "behaviors" (melee, ranged, spawner, caster...) but I have currently no idea how to make a "behavior" :/
I hope my English is understandable.

Actually making behaviors isn't too hard, depending on what you want to make and custom mobs are hard if you're actually making complex ones.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:49:50 AM »
Even the most complex mobs are pretty easy to figure out, I think. Its the boss scripting that you'll have to think about most in my opinion.

Psyborg

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 11:00:15 PM »
i don't have any fu**ing idea how to make monsters. but if i learn how to make it, i will make the diablo (obviously), the butcher, the night clan monsters (that hybrid of human and goat) and zombies

I was working on a project along the same lines as yours, to make a conversion from the Doom series to Hammerwatch. I really don't have the time to make a full campaign I found out, and the thought of working on the project every day for months wasn't appealing to me, so I'm just gonna make available what I have for people to use, build upon, or learn from.

So, feel free to look at my XMLs/PNGs and cut/paste as needed to import the Diablo sprites. :) For graphics, I recommend Paint.NET with the GridMaker plugin.

Download Link

Keefachu

• Yakisooobaaaa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 12:25:05 AM »
Can't wait to see just the screenshots for this. It seems pretty sweet!

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 07:08:31 PM »

I was working on a project along the same lines as yours, to make a conversion from the Doom series to Hammerwatch. I really don't have the time to make a full campaign I found out, and the thought of working on the project every day for months wasn't appealing to me, so I'm just gonna make available what I have for people to use, build upon, or learn from.

So, feel free to look at my XMLs/PNGs and cut/paste as needed to import the Diablo sprites. :) For graphics, I recommend Paint.NET with the GridMaker plugin.

Download Link

Awesome stuff! Thanks!

sssank

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
can't wait :)

Mordaxx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 11:10:07 PM »
I kinda get the feeling that this Custom Map is fake.. since there isn't any pictures after such a long time nor a download.. have someone been invited to try it? o.O

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:48:58 AM »
No, this thread seems dead. I haven't seen Linaru around in a while to clean things up... Wonder where he went off to?

Zerel96

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 09:15:03 PM »
sorry for no comments xD i don't have so much time so i come to show this. here, there's a pic of tristram:

Mordaxx: this custom map isn't fake. sorry XD

anyway, this thread isn't dead. actually i'm working on this Custom map. so if someone has a question just tell me ;)

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
Instead of using 15 lights to light up the map, click the lighting tab and change the top 2 colours, they set the levels global ambient light and shadow colours.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2013, 04:39:37 PM »
He might want it to be dark like that outside of the town?