Author Topic: Music bug  (Read 4202 times)

r_b_d

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Music bug
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:00:07 AM »
I was playing multiplayer with one other person, and in one session we completed the first Act.  After completing it, we both quit, and turned off the game for several hours.  Later that day, we returned to Hammerwatch, other person (who was the host) loaded the auto-save, and I right clicked his steam profile and clicked join game to re-join our multiplayer game session.  When I loaded into the level, the title screen music was still playing for me (not the act 2 music/floor 4 [or w/e floor it is] music, the other person playing with me had the proper music playing).  I tried quitting the game session (without quitting Hammerwatch) and joining via the multiplayer -> join game feature/function.  No dice.  I tried quitting Hammerwatch entirely and re-joining.  No dice.  We tried both restarting.  The other person left the game, and re-hosted it, then I joined.  Now BOTH of us were hearing the title screen music still.  Dying and respawning, as well as switching floors had no effect.  I have, as of yet, found no way to fix this short of starting an entirely new game session from the beginning.

P.S. this was in Adventure mode.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Music bug
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 01:47:49 AM »
This happened to me as well in the past. We found that finding the nearest save point, saving at it,  and re-hosting from that new save helped.

p.s. What is adventure mode? :P

r_b_d

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 02:10:43 AM »
Is it called campaign then or something? I just know it wasn't the other mode called "survival" or "defense" or something.

Also, by save points, do you mean those checkpoint tiles?

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:28:13 AM »
Yes the checkpoint tile that looks like a floppy disk that lights up red when you walk on it. It saves your game again when you walk over it, or even change dungeon floors and it should save as well. Or try a combination of the two - I'm not sure what causes the bug.

r_b_d

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 11:31:05 PM »
Yeah, changing floors saves too, and it caused the bug to get worse (so to speak).  After we changed floors, we both quit the game and he re-hosted; now the other player was getting the bugged music in addition to me.