Author Topic: Sprite Flickering  (Read 5271 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Sprite Flickering
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »
So I've finished 7 monsters now and I've noticed that when I test them out their sprites will flicker sometimes when their direction changes. While moving in that direction they stay constant so I know that the animation is clean, its only when they change direction that all of a sudden sometimes they split in half for a split second and then resume the normal animation again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
Re: Sprite Flickering
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:11:06 PM »
So I've finished 7 monsters now and I've noticed that when I test them out their sprites will flicker sometimes when their direction changes. While moving in that direction they stay constant so I know that the animation is clean, its only when they change direction that all of a sudden sometimes they split in half for a split second and then resume the normal animation again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

some thing in your .xml is incorrect  double check the co-ords of your frames are correct.  the split thing is it trying to use a frame of the sprite sheet that is a bit off centre
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »
But the animations in each direction are fluid. They animation of them walking just keeps going after they change direction, it is only the moment they change direction that the sprite flickers and splits. I checked each direction and each one moves just fine when it continues in the same direction. I also checked allt he coords - but those are only the walking animations anyways?

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:49:11 PM »
But the animations in each direction are fluid. They animation of them walking just keeps going after they change direction, it is only the moment they change direction that the sprite flickers and splits. I checked each direction and each one moves just fine when it continues in the same direction. I also checked allt he coords - but those are only the walking animations anyways?

what about the idle animations? the mobs going to stop walking and use its standing anims as it turns?
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 01:52:19 PM »
I'll check on that today after work. Apple working me lots of overtime for the new iOS 7 :(