Author Topic: My idea for a Level system  (Read 15386 times)

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: My idea for a Level system
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Gauntlet Dark Legacy was a terrible game. Just wanted to say that.

Also, you already get gold and such from monsters? It's very easy to change the .xml file to guarantee money from each special kill if you like, I see no problem with that sort of progression.

So...you agree with me then?

I thought Dark Legacy was great,  but that's pretty irrelevant.

Malmanos

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
i don't think a levelling system would work in a game like hammerwatch if you added it a patch you would be changing how the game works in quite a large way.
however i do understand the frustration with people ignoring flowers or other tough mobs and moving on.

i know myran and hipshot are planning on a ding stat boost drops in the next patch, perhaps a solution would be to give flowers a chance to drop these, so killing them might permanently boost the players without adding any of the tedious grinding that comes with a levelling system ?

This!

l59674518l

• "Anything for the dark lords"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 03:00:55 AM »
I reckon the idea of getting xp and going up levels is good, but that it would be to unlock new buyable upgrades

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »
It would be easier to have a chance to loot a pickup upgrades on all mobs... A very small chance, but sufficient to keep the player wanting to kill everything.