Custom mapping and Mods > Custom Maps

[CAMPAIGN][WIP] Azuron

<< < (2/3) > >>

NekoBaron:
I'm quite bad at art assets personally so I'm getting a friend to work on them, and I wanted a global map to give the campaign a better flow such as better shops being near the harder ones, its going to be linear really such as you wont be allowed to pass though areas till you do the first dungeon since obviously access to every dungeon instantly wont work unless I did insane amounts of scripting or duplicate level selection.

The screenshot is mostly ugly at the moment since lighting was disabled and the cliffs were place holder assets and its a screenshot of the editor not in-game. Most of the dungeon art is going to be the default stuff mostly and working on the world maps helping me learn doodads and creating minimap icons for them better.

Heretic:
There are other tilesets out there free to use. Not meant for this game and usually 32bit instead of the native 16 here in hammerwatch, but I've done a lot of work importing other tilesets to use in my campaign. Campaign seems interesting though, I hope you keep making it!

NekoBaron:

--- Quote from: Pwnography on September 16, 2013, 10:45:36 AM ---There are other tilesets out there free to use. Not meant for this game and usually 32bit instead of the native 16 here in hammerwatch, but I've done a lot of work importing other tilesets to use in my campaign. Campaign seems interesting though, I hope you keep making it!

--- End quote ---

Don't refer to the grid size as 32bit and 16bit, that's to do with colour depth...

Heretic:
yup, it is also the scaling of the sprites in the engine. Usually want to follow the power of 2 or whatever, usually mean s 8 16 32 64 128, etc, but you can also use incriments of 8 of your tileset scales that way. So the native tileset and dodoads are pixel art scaled at 16, and the ones that I'm using are scaled at 32.

Make sense?

NekoBaron:
There is an early alpha version now posted in the opening post.
You can currently play up to the end of the first actual boss of the forest caves.

Its dark in there.

There's a lot of place holder art still and invisible walls to stop people walking off the maps for now but it should be playable for anyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version