Author Topic: Private pick up upgrades - Myran I beg you  (Read 8279 times)

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Private pick up upgrades - Myran I beg you
« on: September 19, 2013, 09:01:59 PM »
Greetings Hammerwatch developpement team,

I really like the new upgrade system, especially the fact that we can randomly spawn them with few scripts. The problem is : with the PvP coming out one day (I hope that it will be released one day), it would be cool to have privative pick up upgrades : Only the player that take the upgrade gets the benefit from it.

Is their a way to code something like that in the XMLs of upgrades with a special tag or something :o ?

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
Re: Private pick up upgrades - Myran I beg you
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
That would be very cool, I would love to see something like that.  I have no idea how to do complex scripts though.
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
Hehehe, spawning random things is easy  : random script run once activated , few spawn object, link random to them and point out the random with an acivator and it's done.

A private pick up upgrades would also be usefull in hardcore campains (an Armor upgrade : that's for the paladin !)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
I think PvP is a big bite to chew for the devs. They haven't said one way or another if it will happen but I know that it will take a while if they do.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »
I think people need to remember hammer watch does not have the player prediction people expect like in other games since when I play with a friend I'm seeing him about 2-3 seconds late which isn't an issue for coop.

Personally before PvP I would like to see more attention to the coop such as allowing joining mid-game (optional of course) and maybe some official speed levels for shorter game time since doing the entire campaign requires multiple hours which is not ideal with random people trying to play together for a bit of fun when no one else is on.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Atm I'm not asking for real PvP. Just some help for actual competitive PvE maps, I think that it's the Only way to get fun quickly when no one else is up for a whole campain. A little  map, simple to play but hard to master with a competition between player.

That's what I'm doing with Hotlane and I need some tweaks to make it better.

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 02:52:57 AM »
We also can't forget about balancing. Even if PvP was released, there would be one class that was just infinitely superior to the others. Most likely Warlock.
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 06:34:06 AM »
We also can't forget about balancing. Even if PvP was released, there would be one class that was just infinitely superior to the others. Most likely Warlock.

If PVC were put into the game it would be like hero defense or survival - in the sense that they are custom maps with custom balance. New skills might be put in, some could be disabled, stats changed, etc. it's very flexible

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 06:13:56 PM »
Yes, if you check my map, you'll see that classes are very different from the normal version of the game.