Author Topic: Spawning boss issue  (Read 4377 times)

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
Spawning boss issue
« on: September 17, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »
So I had the trigger working correctly, but now in my map when I step on the trigger "Allplayers" and link it to the global event to activate the boss, the hp bar shows up and the music changes but the boss is nowhere to be found. Any help is appreciated. :
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: Spawning boss issue
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 09:46:24 PM »
Did you use a spawn object script for the boss ?

Shiftcore

• Ranger
    • View Profile
    • Shiftcore Music
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 03:27:25 AM »
Yes I did, am I not supposed to do that?
I make dubstep, and play a lot of video games. Click the picture to be taken to my SoundCloud!

39 hours on Hammerwatch.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »
Yes you have to. Just spawn it with SpawnObject, and an AreaTrigger linked to a Shape. The HP Boss bar will show up automatically (it's coded in his XML).

You can also put the boss like this as an Actor. I think there's a script to activate it, otherwise he will be activated once the player hits him.

Linaru

• That Collectable coin is mine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 01:39:29 PM »
Yes you have to. Just spawn it with SpawnObject, and an AreaTrigger linked to a Shape. The HP Boss bar will show up automatically (it's coded in his XML).

You can also put the boss like this as an Actor. I think there's a script to activate it, otherwise he will be activated once the player hits him.

check the spawn script is not to close to a wall or physical object, i have had issues where poorly place mobs i spawned spawn inside of solid objects and get pushed out of the level.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stabaddey Stabaddey Zap
-----------------------------------------------------------