Author Topic: Hole creatures bizarre range  (Read 5519 times)

Sgt_Bill

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Hole creatures bizarre range
« on: October 14, 2013, 04:35:16 AM »
Well ... I was playing this game with my friends and I have just one thing to protest....

The EXTREMELY overpowered range attack of the Hole creature (that one that attacks everyone of the party with tentacles that appears from the ground).

The range of it attack is greater than the screen vision... many many times We are justing walking then suddlenly we got a hit and even don't know from where... And the bizarre is that this just happens with diagonal attacks, if you stay "lined" with the creature, the range isn't so abusive,  what indicates that really there is a bug in the range.

Listen guys, I'm not here "crying like a baby , because this game is so hard , and the damage of this creature is so high that almost IK my poor mage ".  But  this range attack can't be normal, on certain situations the range is greater than other... this just turns the things unfair and annoying .

Thanks for att.

@Edit: While playing a little bit more, I reached the Act 3 and on this level there is another creature in a hole that uses a range attack. And surprise.... there is the same problem with the range here.

If the editors could review the range of all creatures that instant range attack , it would be awesome!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:43:13 AM by Sgt_Bill »

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: Hole creatures bizarre range
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:03:56 AM »
That's normal. And you can even upgrade it when you create your own map.

Just learn how to avoid the spikes, it's not really hard, just move out :D

Sgt_Bill

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 04:06:07 AM »
No man, I'm not saying if is hard or easy to avoid the spikes... I'm not saying if is hard or easy to avoid the spikes... I'm saying that there is a difference on the range depending the way you "face" the monster.

EX: If you are 5 Sqms of distance of the monster, in the horizontal or verticall,  the monster won't attack you.

BUT, if you are even more than 5 SQMS on the diagonal or not exactly on the vertical or horizontal lines and colluns , the monster will reach you.

Obviously 5 sqms was just and example, I'm not saying that is exactly this distance.

The question is that there is a diference on the range that shouldn't exist.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 04:09:00 AM by Sgt_Bill »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:10:23 PM »
I've added a sublte marker for them to be in a future patch, that will hopefully help people a bit. It was supposed to be in the released game, but I never figured out a proper way to do it, even if it sounds simple.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:09:39 PM »
I like em as they are, plus with them being a square range they can attack a room better, where as a circle radius would have to overlap through walls or be placed in odd positions.

Though I can understand the confusion since they have a large range.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:33:07 AM »

I plan on using a modified version of the spiker, but if anything it will be just as difficult or more so. Then again my campaign will be stupid hard in general.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 08:48:44 PM »
Today, I added markers to all flowers used in the campaign and the one in the survival level. They are just subtle on the ground, but once you've seen them you know for the rest of the game what to look out for when entering an area with those marks.