Custom mapping and Mods > Resources

The extra resource pack [WIP]

(1/2) > >>

NekoBaron:
So this is currently just a general idea if people are interested. The idea is to add a few extra doodads, items, characters and tweeks using the current textures to make a few nice additions.

Basically the point is not to make all new graphics and replacements but to enhance the current textures and make some useful items for everyone to use.

This is currently what I've created from the current assets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06ssmngu8kanuq5/Hammerwatch%20Extra.jpg

On the left there are doodads that can be used to create the illusion of a doorway, this is good when used to make buildings appear complete when created outside.
On the right are special diamond color shapes, this will save a lot of extra doodads if you want to have diagonal walls and such.

All of these have custom minimap setting and perfectly fit in the game including the shadow for the doorway.

So really that's the idea, I haven't had to draw anything new just tweek and manipulate the existing artwork to create a few simple additions that anyone can use.

The idea is other things that can be added such as a premade chest with say a random rune inside or made to drop a certain key only. It could even be other things like making extra enemies with the existing enemy artwork and giving them other skills like an archer with a blink skill.

NekoBaron:
I'll be adding extra buttons to my pack.

One object is a multiple coloured button node, the rest are single buttons with a timer icon and the first 5 letters.

They're just simple edits of the existing buttons but can be used for various things and to represent other things like a timed switch.

Anyone got any other ideas?

NekoBaron:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm2wku03z91mawn/extra.7z

Tried to emulate tall pillars with correct shadows, also releasing the pack for anyone to use. You just need to chuck the doodads folder into your campaign and reload the resources in the editor. All the doodads and anything else are in their own extra folder so you can search for the pack easily in the doodads menu.

Only requirements are these doodads and graphics are for hammerwatch mapping only, because they're just edits of the games graphics. You don't have to credit me but linking to this topic for anyone else to use would be nice.

FFSnipe:
the pillars and buttons look great. those buttons would look great used with my markers  ;) mind if i use em?  ;D

also with the pillars, with hard shadows, they look perfect. is there a way to force the use of hard shadows on a map? or is it only based on the users own game settings? i personally like the look of hard shadows anyway. gives it more of a retro feel.

MrJanCraft:
How i can change the color of it i only have the blue buttom???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version