Author Topic: I cast meteor on all of you.  (Read 9559 times)

The Wizard

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
I cast meteor on all of you.
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:34:19 PM »
too bad there's a start-up animation, and not a start-up for most other GOOD spells in the game.  :o

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: I cast meteor on all of you.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »
It's definitely impressively terrible.  Heal is instant lol.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:02 AM »
Just use the ice spikes spell and then the Meteor Swarm. You'll see that the channeling is really no big deal.

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 05:33:37 AM »
It's damage is not worth the cast time lol.

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »
It's the biggest AOE of the whole game, scaling with your combo. Upgrade it and you'll not regret it, you'll cause 4 or 6 time over 80 damages. It's the best ultimate of the whole game, period. You can literally one shot every room of the game if you aggregate the monsters.

In comparison with the ranger's or the pali's ultimate, meteor swarm is totally OP. For the Warlock's Thunder storm, it's an other story.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 02:12:13 PM »
The meteor strike is really powerful at later stages, if that spell wouldn't have the cast time, it would be insanely good.
I don't think the Warlock Storm is as good, to be honest, but I haven't really used it that much - maybe 1 time?

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 06:05:53 PM »
The strength of the Thunder Storm is that you are completely free of movements when it's used. That said, you can cast electrical balls everywhere, hackin' 'n slashin' monsters while you are dealing massive damage with your storm.

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 06:21:37 PM »
When is later stages of the game? Hard Campaign level 4? Because i still think it's useless there.  How about survival..also on Hard post Axeguys? I think it's even more useless.  The time you spend gathering up the whole room to use the move could be spent just killing them...

I think Holy Storm sucks too to be fair.

The Wizard

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
the real problems i have with it are as follows:

cast time is cool, but does it really have to lock me down for those few frames?
damage is underwhelming. i can tap my basic attack a few times and combustion will handle that probably faster than meteor can.
meteor's big use in most of my campaign runs were to hit things over walls.
upgrading it to 4 shots i felt was best, even control. 5 was okay too, but i felt it's mana cost and damage wasn't worth upgrading it this far. 6 is just awkward. 
the ice shards are amazing, but why would i use 20 mana into meteor when the enemies are slowed enough i can preserve mana for another rotation of ice shards and let's say flame breath or basic attacks?

i dunno, if the damage went up for how delayed it is (considering the time you can get it in campaign and the monsters are pretty swift by then) i'd be fine, i just don't see why it locks me up. archers root is instant, shards are pretty quick, the chain lightning from warlock is swift too. paladin's initial heal was mapwide and instant~

i still love the wizard and fare okay without meteor, but yeah my thoughts

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:22:31 AM »
If you upgraded Fire Breath and like it, I can't talk with you. This is the worst skill of the whole game dude, seriously, 4 fireballs deal more damages than this.

And you know, When you are a Wiz, all you need is : Mana, fireball, Meteor, Ice shards, Shield (not armor) and HP (combo of course, that's for all the classes). With all the secrets and stuff you'll have some extra money to upgrade other things.

But seriously, Meteor is the best, it "just" one shot all the monsters you have on your screen. If that's not the best skill of the game... I don't know what it is.

And about mana consumption, it's really no big deal, because the wiz can do the whole game with his fireballs so... Just wait for the mana bar to replenish.

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
I'd rather use Fire Breath than Meteor any day of the week lol.  The best skill of the game is heal...is this a joke are you joking right now?

We played through beat it on Hard and think Meteor sucks deal with it rofl.  The move can't possibly kill everything on the screen, it doesn't take up the whole screen.  You pulling 10 enemies?  Even when it's fully upgraded it doesn't cover the entire screen, infact the area it covers is pitiful ESPECIALLY after you upgrade it (for some unknown reason).  The move isn't even useful on bosses whatsoever, maybe the first boss lmao.  Fire breath does WAY more damage concentrated on a single target than any other move in the game besides Paladins Charge. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:56:37 PM by RPGMatthew »

The Wizard

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 07:52:48 PM »
i didnt upgrade breath at all, i do find more use in the combustion from a single tap of breath a lot better than meteor though.

and yeah, paladin heal is clearly the best move in the game. support map-wide, in our run 0 lives were purchased. it was duo, and i barely used breath (bats and weaklings) mostly i used shards to help my paladin control the mobs and kill them. and of course fireballs with combustion and splash is amazing.

RPGMatthew

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »
How good is a move worthless on the last boss lol.