Author Topic: Opening Source Files  (Read 4768 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Opening Source Files
« on: October 19, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »
When opening the source file from inside the editor, it opens the hammerwatch/assets/ version, rather than the hammerwatch/editor/mod folder. So the changes made when using the source file directed by the editor don't actually show in the editor when you reload the resources, as the assets in the mod folder are unmodified and take priority.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Source Files
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
I just get unable to open file since I put the original assets in a assets folder so modifying them wont mess up the game.

Though like you said even the actual xml scripts I made personally wont open with the editor since it doesn't look in the current mod folder.

Kind of a tricky thing to fix since its based on overriding, personally I wouldn't let open them in the editor unless they're in the current active folder used by the open level.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 05:33:08 PM »
But even still it opens from the assets folder instead?

At this point its even trickier for me because some assets when removed from one folder or the other disappear entirely from the editor. So I have to keep all copies of everything in two locations at once, and each time I edit one I have to save it in two spots. Its killing me.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 06:05:36 PM »
Where are you placing your campaign assets?

IE my campaign is Azuron so all the levels/actor/doodads/items folders are inside that folder, which I have in the editor folder.

So currently my campaign folder looks like Hammerwatch/Editor/Azuron
And that's where all the actors/doodads/levels folders are placed.

I edit all my assets manually from their folder with notepad++, I actually never noticed you could open source from the editor until you mention it today, I'm sticking to keeping my folder open though.

The assets I my azuron folder wont show in the editor unless I load a level from the azuron/levels folder which is the right way to have them loading since they wont override or load up with any other levels/campaigns.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 12:19:15 AM »
the same folder for me, its currently in the editor folder. when you open the source from the editor it opens teh asset from the hammerwatch folder instead of the editor/campaignyou'reworkingon folder. But when you're working on a level it SHOWS the editor folder asset rather than the hammerwatch/asset asset.

I may have to start doing it your way - it seems it may crossover with some tilemaps or some other stuff though so I'll just have to find them as I go. Hope this can be changed or fixed in the future though!