Author Topic: Override Sprites?  (Read 3628 times)

LemonYourAid

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Override Sprites?
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:50:49 PM »
Hi guys, I want to work on a dungeon and was wondering if it would be possible to override the sprite using a sprite embedded into the map.

For instance, I want to override the Ranger with a Link sprite without players having to download any additional content that would force them to permanently override their sprites.

If this is possible, this would greatly improve custom maps in my opinion.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Override Sprites?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 08:03:51 PM »
Yes you should be able to theoretically, I don't know about character sprites but I do know for a fact the survival level overrides some of the default assets.

They just need to be in the exact same area and place as the normal sprites since you cant change the actual player xml yet. (I belive)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 04:50:24 PM »
If you want to change the sprites for the player models you only have to extract the game assets with the unpacker and place the player .xmls you want to change into the same folder in your LEVEL folder. Ie - Editor/yourlevel/assets/actors or something like that. Then when you pack your level up to a .hwcm it will have your sprites there as the player sprites when they load the game. (I believe, if I'm wrong someone correct me, but thats how it works with all other assets.)

LemonYourAid

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »
Alright, thank you for your replies, I'll definitely have to experiment with this :)