Author Topic: Music loops too early  (Read 5913 times)

Eldur

• View Profile
Music loops too early
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:48:22 PM »
Hi,

fist off, this is an absolutely great game. Found it on gog.com while they had 50% off, but I saw it too late, so I got interested and looked it up, watched some videos and decided to download and try the beta 1.06 as a demo (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/122788084), which convinced me to buy this game no matter what. Therefore I bought it on gog.com, installed it, includig the update to 1.1 (on gog.com: patch_hammerwatch_2.0.1.3.exe).

Then I noticed that something was wrong with the music, it's like someone is impatiently selecting the next track and not waiting until the one being played is actually over. First, I thought this is due to the medleys in the full version (act 1 = At The Gates + Further In, act 2 = The Armory + Metal Chambers), but still the tracks are being looped too early. I recorded the sound of my game so you can listen and check it. It happens with all tracks, no matter if they consists of 1 or 2 actual tracks - but for the medley tracks it applies for both the end of the medly and the transition from the first to the second part. It just doesn't sound right. The beta 1.06 music playback was perfectly fine.

hammerwatch-1_1-music-loops.zip

My system specs (roughly):

Win 7 64 Pro
Gigabyte GA Z77-D3H
i5 3570k
16GB CL8 DDR3-1600
Powercolor HD6950 2GB (drivers dated 19 Dec 2012, no visual or performance problems since, therefore not updated)
SB X-Fi Elite Pro (drivers dated 05 May 2010, ver 6.0.1.1375, no other problems at all)
VIA HD onboard audio (drivers dated 04 Aug 2010, ver 6.0.1.8700, also no problems)

PS: It's the same with both sound devices - no difference.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Music loops too early
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:42:52 PM »
Thanks a lot for this, I always wanted to hear this error, since I never had it myself.

The error has been reported, but never fixed, because I don't think myran is entirely sure what the error actually is. The sound files in the project are fine. But we will look into it more.

condor

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 05:25:56 AM »
same problem here...  :o

great game btw, I'm totally addicted already (9 hours of gameplay so far)

Keppler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
Haha, I thought that the mis-timed loop was actually a thing to make the game more "raw"!

Nicholas Steel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 06:40:43 PM »
Both myself and my friend suffer the exact same issue, we would also offer recordings but I'm 98% certain the loop point would be identical to the recordings already provided by Eldur.
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7 920 CPU
ASUS P6T Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti Video Card
Auzentech Forte Soundcard

CnEY

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 05:12:19 AM »
I also have this issue.  I get the problem at the same points in the music as what Eldur uploaded.

I'm also on Win 7 64-bit, with Realtek HD integrated on a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P.