Author Topic: linux specific packing instructions  (Read 6075 times)

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
linux specific packing instructions
« on: November 24, 2013, 08:51:13 PM »
I've searched the entire internet for this  :P

I am running Ubuntu 12.04. I'm able to create and test my level from the Hammerwatch.exe located in the /editor folder. I've read somewhere that to pack your level, you need to drag and drop your level folder onto the LevelPacker.exe icon. This does not work for me.

If I simply try to open the LevelPacker.exe, I get a quit flash of terminal and nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: linux specific packing instructions
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:12:19 PM »
Hey, so the level packer takes your level folder as an argument, so instead of dragging and dropping you can just set the argument yourself, so something like:
mono LevelPacker.exe my_campaign/

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Awesome. I'll give it a try and report back.

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 09:50:32 PM »
Awesome. I'll give it a try and report back.

Here's the output I got:

dan@aria:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Hammerwatch/editor$ mono LevelPacker.exe custom_dan/
Scanning and reading files...

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at TiltedEngine.Drawing.ResourceContext.ResourceNameFromPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ARPGLevelPacker.Program.WalkDirectoryTree (System.IO.DirectoryInfo root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ARPGLevelPacker.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at TiltedEngine.Drawing.ResourceContext.ResourceNameFromPath (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ARPGLevelPacker.Program.WalkDirectoryTree (System.IO.DirectoryInfo root) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ARPGLevelPacker.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
dan@aria:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Hammerwatch/editor$

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 10:41:57 PM »
Hmm, can you try using an absolute path and see if that works?

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:35:06 PM »
Hmm, can you try using an absolute path and see if that works?

Like this?

dan@aria:~$ mono /home/dan/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Hammerwatch/editor/LevelPacker.exe /home/dan/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Hammerwatch/editor/custom_dan/
Scanning and reading files...

Unhandled Exception: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
dan@aria:~$

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:50:11 AM »
I just tried again, this time with the example folder and it worked fine. Will investigate further as to why the other folder won't pack.