Author Topic: Danger Areas  (Read 3629 times)

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Danger Areas
« on: November 29, 2013, 09:24:40 PM »
Hey, I'm trying to figure out how to get the trap_spikes.xml to do damage only when activated. I understand I can put it on top of a danger area, but it will still do damage even when it's de-active. Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way? Please help.

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Danger Areas
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »
What you can do is use the ToggleElement script to toggle the danger area on and off during the same script that makes them turn on and off. So whatever script you have (areatrigger?) that makes them turn on, have that same script point to "ToggleElement" and have ToggleElement point to the danger area. This will turn it on and off when the spikes turn on and off.

fracaspunk1

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:07 PM »
What you can do is use the ToggleElement script to toggle the danger area on and off during the same script that makes them turn on and off. So whatever script you have (areatrigger?) that makes them turn on, have that same script point to "ToggleElement" and have ToggleElement point to the danger area. This will turn it on and off when the spikes turn on and off.

Cool. I think I understand. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 02:46:08 PM »
You can always download and look at all the campaign levels and see how we did it!
Check in the resources section!