Author Topic: [RELEASED] - Ravenwatch - Act 1 BETA - 0.18  (Read 85111 times)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign] - Ravenwatch - Update (1/2/2014)
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 04:35:19 PM »
Since you mentioned that you need any help you can take for this project in then I would gladly give you a helping hand. I am no good at game design, but I study English language and literature at university so if you need any help with the setting, plot or mood I can always give my two cents!

Let me know if you need any help with anything!

Thanks so much! I'll pm you!

RedRookLord

• Dungeon Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »
but still keep it close to the Hammerwatch style.

I am looking forward for this!

I think this is the best way to go for custom levels, if you plan to use any of the original assets, it's nice if the new one matches!

I mean, you could do a completely new graphics style here, super highres and all, but it would just take too long and be too much work.

I would like to just say right now, we have officially reached the point of no return. The last remaining default asset we've been using were the default crates. But I have just finished work on new crates to replace the default ones and now the ONLY thing that's from the main campaign will be some of the particles, the player's abilities, and some of the sounds and it's ENTIRELY possible we will begin replacing those as well.

Oh, and hello, I've taken a break from designing my own maps and started up level designing for Ravenwatch. The project is most definitely still alive and I'm so excited to build the beta for you guys. Stay tuned!

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »
It's gonna be interesting to see what happens here, maybe show some video soon again? =)

RedRookLord

• Dungeon Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »
Maybe, there's still a lot of little things that need polished up before I think we can show off some of what has been completed in the last month and Pwnography has had some issues lately, so maybe soon...ish...

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 07:10:31 PM »
Yes my stylus broke! :P  But an idea of what we're working on right now is finishing the last few actors for act1, including the miniboss. The boss is mostly drawn but neesd to be put in, and redrawn if needed (yikes!)

Other than we've finished some more parts of the graveyard tileset including cliffs/stairs, etc. Ocean and beach/waves, destructibles, food/health items, decorations and more :P

I should be getting my new stylus today or tomorrow, so maybe in a week or so we can release a progress video to replace the old one :P

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
Re: [Campaign] - Ravenwatch - Update (1/24/2014)
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »
Added Reaper and Skeleton previews, and the cliff tilset/beach examples.

Enjay

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »
This is all extremely impressive! Amazing work so far :D
Every time I post I get nervous because I feel like the devs are judging me.

Fee

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 10:07:37 AM »
It looks amazing, I can't wait until it's finished!

pacolotero

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 10:05:47 PM »
where can I download this map?

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2014, 04:52:08 PM »
Hopefully later this month a playable beta of Act1 will be released and I'll put the link on this thread here. The boss is finished (mostly) and so are most other assets except for the town tileset. All that is left is building the actual areas and we will have something playable for feedback!

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
We are all looking forward to the release!

Shulai

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
Please! End the map! I'm from Argentina, and waiting for this because seems awesome!

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Please! End the map! I'm from Argentina, and waiting for this because seems awesome!

Thanks for your hype! I assure you I'm just as excited to release this, but as it is a solo project it has been quite a bit of work! I want to release act 1 by the end of this month and absolutely all of my spare time is going into this, I look forward to your feedback once it releases!

Shulai

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2014, 07:12:16 PM »
Thanks for your hype! I assure you I'm just as excited to release this, but as it is a solo project it has been quite a bit of work! I want to release act 1 by the end of this month and absolutely all of my spare time is going into this, I look forward to your feedback once it releases!

Thanks you for answer! And i'll keep bothering you to see if you continue with your map! XD
(sorry for my poor english)

Heretic

• Castle Runner
    • View Profile