Author Topic: 1.2 propably broke my savegame...  (Read 4413 times)

solid_cobra

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
1.2 propably broke my savegame...
« on: December 20, 2013, 11:21:00 PM »
Hi there,

I started playing Hammerwatch with a friend (online) before patch 1.2. Today we reached the act 2 boss but we encountered a problem.

After we got owned we had to load the game the first time on this floor - everything was ok.
Then after we died again we loaded a second time - now there's a problem: my friend got reset to a level 1 charakter.

When he joins my game he can choose his class and starts at level 1.

Do we have to start all over again or is this fixable?

Fredb555

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: 1.2 propably broke my savegame...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 05:57:00 AM »
We do not have levels in this game... Only upgrades are purchased with the gold you take from pots, mobs and treasures. Do your friend have all the money amassed from the start? If yes, he just have to buy upgrades to have the same character he used to have.

gregf

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:47:05 AM »
Had this same problem today and I know what happened in my case. We played twice earlier and I was able to load our save game from earlier. The host contains the save data for all the players.

The next time we went to play I joined and my friend was taking a while to get ready and i walked down a flight of stairs to get to some vendors we previously passed. When I did that it updated the save file, and since he wasn't logged in it wrote the save file again without his character information.

We were able to reproduce it after guessing what happened. Hopefully this can get resolved some how in the next update?

If it does happen to you don't panic, he had almost 20,000 when he joined  and was able to just repurchase everything.

Lukuluk

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Same for me. We use Hamachi, and the third time we loaded the game, my friend couldn't join me. He used the "join friend" functionnality on steam, and it worked, but all his stats were reset and given back into money.
It was playable until when we entered a boss and we got Game Over. When we started again, we were blocked inside the boss level. We couldn't reach other PNJs than the potion one. But if we used my friend's money on Lifes, it was "stats aimed" money, so after the boss, he would not gain back his entire power.

Could you resolve this blocking problem ?

Thanks for your attention.

P.S.: sorry for the language mistakes, I don't speak english fluently !

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
We are very much aware of this grave issue, just so people know.