Author Topic: Question about shadow size  (Read 3978 times)

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
Question about shadow size
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »
So, I have learned how to change the shape of shadows, but I am wondering... bear with my while i try to use the correct terms...

Is there any kind of code that you can input into a doodads XML file that changes the extrusion length of the shadows? the current is set to 24 pixels on the X axis, and -40 pixels on the Y axis. it would be great if this could be changed for shorter "half-walls" like 12 pixels x, and -20 pixels y.

Can any devs shed some light on this? or any seasoned editor users.

EDIT: I understand that shadows can be manually added to the graphics of the doodads, but that causes a problem considering you cant change the colors of those shadows. if you change the shadow color in the map, the pre-made shadows on the doodad graphics will look completely out of place.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:09:54 AM by FFSnipe »
Spoils to the victor...

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: Question about shadow size
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:44:38 PM »
No you can't, the editor had a feature before, where you could set rotation and also lenght og shadows, but that was removed because it bugged out. In the bonus levels, I'm using a doodad as shadow for the walls, I know this doesn't really work all the time though.

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:59:08 PM »
No you can't, the editor had a feature before, where you could set rotation and also lenght og shadows, but that was removed because it bugged out. In the bonus levels, I'm using a doodad as shadow for the walls, I know this doesn't really work all the time though.
ahh thank you for the quick response. it would be great to mess around with the rotation and length like before. I will work on some custom shadows to get around this. thank you again.
Spoils to the victor...

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
I added this feature again to the 1.21 version, you can try it in the beta if you want: http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=1897.0

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
I added this feature again to the 1.21 version, you can try it in the beta if you want: http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=1897.0
:o so nice. thanks Myran. I owe you  ;D
Spoils to the victor...