Author Topic: Major Crash on 1st act boss  (Read 3071 times)

BeAuMaN

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Major Crash on 1st act boss
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:14:19 AM »
Hello. Myself and three friends were reloading the game on the 1st act boss, when the game crashed during the fight. This lead to a message saying to contact you with the error. Furthermore, the sound stuck with that repeating quarter-second loop of the last sounds in the game, and I had to restart my computer to remove it. This happens occasionally for me with certain games that crash.

Looking through error.txt, I think -this- is the error:
Code: [Select]
--- UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 12/29/2013 6:15:13 PM - HMW 1.2 ---
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at ARPGGame.Menus.LobbyMenu.ChangeClass(Int32 peerId, PlayerClass newClass) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Menus\LobbyMenu.cs:line 556
   at ARPGGame.Networking.SystemHandler.ChangeClass(Int32 peerId, Int32 classId) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Networking\SystemHandler.cs:line 119
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at TiltedEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage.Recieve(NetIncomingMessage inc, Int32 senderId) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\Networking\NetworkMessage.cs:line 189
   at TiltedEngine.Networking.Network.GotData(NetIncomingMessage inc) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\Networking\Network.cs:line 552
   at TiltedEngine.Networking.Network.Update() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\Networking\Network.cs:line 402
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 759
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame(FrameEventArgs e) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 691
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseUpdateFrame(Stopwatch update_watch, Double& next_update, FrameEventArgs update_args)
   at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run(Double updates_per_second, Double frames_per_second)
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 206

An additional result of this crash is that our characters desynced. The host had all of his upgrades, while all of our characters had lost all their upgrades, but still had all the combined gold that we gathered before. This means that our last save, right before the boss, left us without upgrades and without the ability to purchase upgrades. I believe you should have all of the vendor types of the highest level from the previous floors, and have them available on the boss level. I don't really see a reason not to do this, and if there's a catastrophic game save loss, people won't be stranded on the boss level without any ability to recover their upgrades.

Furthermore... I had an odd bug where I hosted a game, and then I was unable to join my friend's game until I restarted my computer. It was truly bizarre.