Author Topic: Controller not working properly  (Read 3940 times)

arghanos

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Controller not working properly
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »
Computer info:
-OS: Linux Mint 16, fresh install just a week ago with only Steam, this game, peer guardian, and proprietary Nvidia Drivers installed.
-OS updated as per update manager
-Running game through native Linux version of Steam
-Controller: Logitech F310

Problem:

Game works properly with keyboard and mouse.  However, controller does not act as expected in-game.  In the menus, I can only successfully move the cursor down or to the right.  The "A" and "B" keys do move me through the menu properly, however.  When I try to change key bindings, any button I hit will exit the binding screen but always result in the same key being bound regardless of what I press.  In-game, my character is permanently moving up and to the left.  No buttons or combinations do anything at this point when running the game.

Notes:
-Controller works very well in Steam's "big picture" mode and shows up in the configuration tool as detected.  All buttons appear to be mapped and can be changed.
-Controller seems to be calibrated well as per jstest-jtk
-This controller can toggle between xinput and direct input support.  Only xinput will even result in any response from the game.  Direct input will not do anything at all.
-Controller will only work in its current state when plugged in at game start-up.
-Tried a few USB ports, no change.
-Messed around with full-screen or window, seeing that has helped other people with controller problems, but no change.
-Toggled the 8-direction option, no change.
-Controller works well on another PC with Windows 8.1 for other gamepad games.
-Newbie to linux, <1 year.
-[EDIT] Controller works fine in this game on a Windows 8.1 PC

So I'm not sure if this is Linux, the game, my controller, or some combination.
Let me know if you have any ideas or need more info from me.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:51:12 PM by arghanos »