Custom mapping and Mods > Custom Maps

[WIP] - (Proof of Concept): Barrel Frenzy

(1/2) > >>

RedRookLord:
Hey everybody! Back again, but this time I have a little experiment instead of the usual legitimate map. The idea is you run around with any character and you're inside this MASSIVE grid of MANY MANY barrels. There is no goal and no ending and it's extremely impractical, but I thought it was really fun and I hope someone gets some ideas from it and uses the idea. Think of it like dungeon keeper. For extra fun, I added some spawners and chests to find in the massive grid.

If you want to download the map, just note that it takes about a minute to load the map up and it hasn't been tested in multiplayer, but once you get in the map...at least in singleplayer...the map should work just fine and there doesn't appear to be much lag but it may depend on your hardware.

(Note): You won't see the DL link if you are not logged into a forum account.

Gammer001:
Kinda seems like pointless grinding for nothing like farmville or something. But an interesting concept.

Heretic:
Yes very interesting! Like you're trying to push the engine to its limit :P

Hipshot:
Haha, takes ages to load, but it was kinda fun just to run around and shoot those barrels.
Feels a bit like WC2, when the peasants chop down trees.

Keppler:

--- Quote from: Hipshot on January 08, 2014, 08:36:41 PM ---Feels a bit like WC2, when the peasants chop down trees.

--- End quote ---

This!

I had a bit of fun with this map, but I suggest you add upgrade shops in the beginning area. If the upgrades were implemented, this map would turn into a fun skill testing ground for players!
The shop would add a little more direction for the map as well, as you can get a lot of gold already.

I would definitely go back from time to time to test skills and damage output to different monsters if possible, plus barrel farming is never tedious! :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version