Author Topic: Temple of the Sun - some spoilers in here.  (Read 51840 times)

Sol Morningstar

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Temple of the Sun - some spoilers in here.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 10:42:22 PM »
ahhhggg I'm dying waiting for the new campaign and Ravenwatch XD lol I wish there was some sort of remote estimate for when it will be finished ; ^; lol but seriously though I love this game, I have gotten nearly my entire gaming community to purchase it and they all love it and I can't wait to see what comes to it next, keep up the amazing work :)

jaZz_KCS

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 10:37:49 PM »
This campaign looks awesome. Can't wait to play it with my friends. We're gonna check out the new class soon.  :)

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
Shouldn't this topic be a "sticky" one ?

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »
I'm guessing its not sticky because it has spoilers / unfinished and is only really to give people and idea of what they've been doing instead of announcing its finished or anything like that.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 05:04:12 PM »
It's not sticky, for the reasons Neko said and it's subject of change, perhaps.

Here's the priest, in the boss_2 level.

doonz

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
what skills will the priest have?  8)

Lorencia

• Lore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
Great idea! I like that this campaign difficulty is growing up faster than in the original one. Tilesets are beautiful. As doonz I'm also wondering about priest's skills :) Will it contain teambuffs or something similar?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 02:14:55 PM »
Priest is:

Active:

Smite (like a ranged attack that strikes directly)
Holy Beam (a constant beam that damages foes and heals friends)
Cripple Aura (slows and reduces damage on enemies close by)
Draining Field (an area on the ground that deals damage to enemies within and also heals players inside as long as the field deals damage)

Passive:
Mana Shield (reduces damage but also reduces mana)
Health Regeneration (a constant health regeneration, like the modifier)

From now on, the paladin heals within this area:

Lorencia

• Lore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 03:20:44 PM »
Mana shield for priest is really an excellent idea, I like that the most. On the other hand, palladin skill change(healing in specified radius) will surely make  the team stick together even more and cooperate more; that's a neat trick. I have a question though; will the healing radius be longer after the skill upgrades?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2014, 04:17:21 PM »
No, the radius is as the outer ring here, all the time.

Yea, what we do now is forcing people to get closer for heal, but I'm not sure it will affect good players that much, since they require less or no extra heal except for the regular food that's on the levels. I'm sure it could be a thing in bossfights, but then again, good players don't really lose that many lives out in the field so they can waste a few ones on the bosses w/o caring.
If the priest and paladin would also give out a buff then I'm sure good players would stick around too.

The only downside from healing others is if you care about score, cause 'damage' dealt as heal doesn't count in the scoring but you take time to heal instead of killing other things.

Lorencia

• Lore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »
On the other hand, players sticking out of team and playing as lone wolves incautiously(meant the ones who are dying along all the time while doing it) can't be called good players(and I've meet few people having such a behaviour). Such people will have more reasons to change their behaviour now. The other good thing about radius on paladin heal is that it will now be more difficult to cast this skill. And difficulty, in this case, makes the game more enjoyable.

Yup, just as you've said Hipshot, if the priest and paladin would also give out a buff then I'm sure good players would stick around too. But I bet along with the addition of buffs the game should be rebalanced over again. And rebalancing a game surely ain't easy matter, and dealing with it would take a lot of time. Still, I would be looking forward for addition such as player buffs.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2014, 10:22:47 AM »
This is a new change to the hud system and game, that let's you toggle hud elements from the game, a much appriciated feature, since it more or less allows you to add texts, icons whatever when ever or where ever you want them. Like I've done here below, this is three quests in the desert, finding the pickaxe, the frying pan and the pump lever, below the pickaxe quest is shown, I also display a small text next to the icon that says updated or complete.

1: Start the campaign, quest passive state
2: Found the pickaxe, quest updated
3: Been applied/used, quest completed

This is the menus/gui/hud.xml code for it:

Code: XML
  1.                         <flag anchor="100% 50%" flag="quest_bar">      
  2.                                 <sprite anchor="100% 50%" image="menus/hud.xml:quest-bar">                     
  3.                                         <flag offset="4 26" flag="quest_pickaxe_icon_updated"> 
  4.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-pickaxe"></sprite>
  5.                                                 <flag flag="quest_pickaxe_text_updated"><text offset="-40 2" text="quest.updated" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>
  6.                                         </flag>
  7.                                         <flag offset="4 39" flag="quest_pan_icon_updated">     
  8.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-pan"></sprite>      
  9.                                                 <flag flag="quest_pan_text_updated"><text offset="-40 3" text="quest.updated" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>
  10.                                         </flag>
  11.                                         <flag offset="6 55" flag="quest_lever_icon_updated">   
  12.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-lever"></sprite>
  13.                                                 <flag flag="quest_lever_text_updated"><text offset="-42 0" text="quest.updated" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>
  14.                                         </flag>        
  15.                                         <flag offset="3 26" flag="quest_pickaxe_icon_complete">
  16.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-complete"></sprite>
  17.                                                 <flag flag="quest_pickaxe_text_complete"><text offset="-41 2" text="quest.complete" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>            
  18.                                         </flag>
  19.                                         <flag offset="3 39" flag="quest_pan_icon_complete">    
  20.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-complete"></sprite>
  21.                                                 <flag flag="quest_pan_text_complete"><text offset="-41 3" text="quest.complete" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>        
  22.                                         </flag>        
  23.                                         <flag offset="3 51" flag="quest_lever_icon_complete">  
  24.                                                 <sprite image="menus/hud.xml:quest-complete"></sprite>
  25.                                                 <flag flag="quest_lever_text_complete"><text offset="-41 4" text="quest.complete" font="menus/px-10.xml"/></flag>      
  26.                                         </flag>                                                                                                                                                                
  27.                                 </sprite>
  28.                         </flag>

Then in the game, I first call upon the event quest_bar with a SetGlobalFlag, that one displays the background, then I just do the rest when something happens in the game.

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
Wow, that quest HUD will be so useful for my map, i have a tonne of quests in my map. When is this update coming out, any specific dates?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 08:32:09 AM »
The HUD change really isn't bound to the desert, it's just a new system and should therefore be released with the workshop and priest-class, I don't have a date for that, but it's before this level at least.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 03:41:28 PM »
Ok, this is a huge spoiler, but it shows the last boss of the campaign and the area where he will be, w/o lighting.

Don't click here if you care: