Author Topic: [WIP] Hammer Souls v.1.5.2(Dark Souls rendition)  (Read 26305 times)

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
[WIP] Hammer Souls v.1.5.2(Dark Souls rendition)
« on: February 14, 2014, 02:13:18 PM »
Hi guys. I took some time to mess with the editor and made a level based on Dark Soul's Undead Burg.
It's supposed to reflect a few of the many aspects from the beloved original.

Download V.1.5.2
File on 4shared
Steam Workshop

It's HARD, but also soloable in some classes.

Technical (V1.5.1):
* Features 5 new enemies (black knight, pyromancer invader, Taurus Demon, Havel the Rock and hollows), 1 edited boss sprite (Hellkite Drake) and 1 reskin savaged from game files (axe knight).
* Saving is made through bonfires. These will also refill your potion (estus flask).
* You may summon Solaire to help you in a boss fight.
* You may read messages, as in the Souls series.
* 2 vendors, mostly 8 areas.
* Lightning interaction between enemies, items and the level.
* Many new assets, items and programming perspectives.
* Several easter eggs.

~ Praise the Sun!

Trailer:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8xOc9IGgs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew8xOc9IGgs</a>
Stream gameplay of V.1.2 by DarkLordSen:
http://www.twitch.tv/darklordsen/b/566235511

Spoiler for All patch notes:

V-1.5.2

*hotfix*

- Removed the menu theme. Now it should be completely silent.
- Fixed the problem with music not playing in the taurus fight and windy sections.
V-1.5.1

OPTIMIZATIONS

- Fixed Taurus sprite issues.
- Optimized game files, reducing the size of all data.

Discuss this update in the discussions section.
¡OLÉ TORERO! PATCH

- Added 4 new skills (Smashing Leap, Stomp, Blood Bath, Stab) to Taurus Demon;
- Blood Bath: Now Taurus will leave a trail of blood when hit - players bathed in blood receive a damage buff of 20%;
- Added a death body and all sounds related to Taurus Demon;
- Added music to the Taurus fight;
- Reworked Taurus' Cleave sprites and fixed its hitbox issues;

- Added a new easter egg (there is no message hint related to this one);

- Fixed the fog in the Bridge Structure level - now it will move properly;
- Added fog to the Low Undead Burg level;
- Added wind sounds to some areas;
- TrollingNoobs will now drop a humanity upon death, as an invader should (this change affects all difficulties).
V-1.4

THE BISHOP ARISES!

- Added 7 new attacks to Havel (Including fans' favorite Great Magic Barrier);
- Added a death body and all sounds related to Havel;
V-1.3

ORANGE SOAP SIGN PATCH

- Added (orange) Messages from other worlds, scattered throughout the whole world;
- Read messages by standing over them (readable 2 times to avoid cluttering the screen, after that, they will disappear).

V-1.2.2

CRYBABIES' BALANCE PATCH

- Drake Sword and Red Tearstone Ring rebalanced (reduced overall damage);
- The Hellkite Drake now scales with difficulty (easy and normal will be the same as previous versions, hard has same stats as the vanilla version's Dragon);

- TrollingNoobs now scales with difficulty (reduced damage for normal and easy, damage on hard will be the same as previous versions);
- The already spawned number of archers in the begining of undead burg (after the title) now scales with difficulty (easy = none, medium = 3, hard = 7, as in the same as previous versions);

- Fixed a bug where archers would respawn whenever u entered the archer's tower roof.

V-1.2.1

*Hotfix*

- Fixed a bug where players could go off map in the low undead burg npc area
- Fixed a bug where players would get stuck behind the severed dragon's head

JOLLY COOPERATION IS HERE - Version 1.2 of HammerSouls has arrived!

Patch Notes:

- Introduced 4 new areas;
- Introduced Solaire NPC and Summon;
- Introduced 2 bosses (Taurus Demon and Hellkite Drake);
- Introduced 3 new items;
- Introduced 1 new spawner (with 3 different sprite variations) and 1 new enemy type;
- Introduced several new assets based on Dark Souls;
- Added 2 enemies from vanilla;
- Assigned a new sprite for life (humanity).

- Added 4 easter eggs/secrets;

- Updated TrollingNoobs sprite;
- Reworked Bonfire (save);
- Reworked the front of the towers in the Undead Burg;
- Fixed a bug in Low Undead Burg's fencer's layer assignment;
- Added new text to give more immersion to the mod;

- Players now can find some humanities (life) in the level;
- Rebalanced currency ammounts. They are [small gray: 1-3-6 (i1-4-2)];[smal blue: 9-12-15 (i7-3-5)];[big gray: 20-30 (i6-8)];[big blue: 40 (i9)].

V 1.1.1

- Introduced a new attack for Havel;
- Currency (souls) have now specif sprites. The mana items are back to normal;
- Several adjustments for future content.

HAVEL IS HERE - Version 1.1 of HammerSouls has arrived!

Patch Notes:

- Introduced one new floor with one new boss;
- Updated Black Knight sprite;
- Replaced the bugged reward spawner in the traphouse by two standard chests;
- Fixed a bug where a fence would be placed awkwardly in the traphouse, now a cart will block the way.
- Fixed a bug where ice particles would be shot on TrollingNoobs' Combustion;
- Fixed a bug where some sprites would blink.

And here is a link to version 1.0, if anyone wants to check the development curve.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:23:51 PM by prophet »

Grokitach

• Hotlane Creator
    • View Profile
Re: [Level] Hammer Souls (Dark Souls rendition)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:41:47 PM »
Hahahaha ! The invading things just killed me xD !! In both ways !

MrCuddles

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »
I wanted to try this but is there any way to use a download service that doesn't require you to sign up?

Yellabelly

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 03:03:00 AM »
The video looks interesting and I would like to try it. But i'm not gonna jump through hoops to download it. Please fix your links.

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 09:15:31 AM »
That is true, please use something such as MEGA, to provide us a downlaod link, because i don't think many people will want to use 4Shared, as a downlaod provider, as it requires you to sign up.

bewt

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »
how do ya'll feel about torrents?

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 05:37:19 AM »
It's been uploaded to steam workshop.

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 09:18:00 PM »
New version deployed:

HAVEL IS HERE - Version 1.1 of HammerSouls has arrived!

Patch Notes:

- Introduced one new floor with one new boss;
- Updated Black Knight sprite;
- Replaced the bugged reward spawner in the traphouse by two standard chests;
- Fixed a bug where a fence would be placed awkwardly in the traphouse, now a cart will block the way.
- Fixed a bug where ice particles would be shot on TrollingNoobs' Combustion;
- Fixed a bug where some sprites would blink.

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 08:20:02 PM »
Oh no! Not havel! :P Backstabbing owns him.

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 02:58:58 AM »
Haha. Gotta confess I didn't have many ideas for his attacking powers. You might feel the same way as in Dark Souls: once you take it easy and figure it out, it's the easiest.

@Actually I'm looking foward receiving ideas and opnions! So please do tell me what you think.

- I wanted to make him able to use boss_knight's strike, but my struggle on figuring a coding for that wasnt nuff.
- Also invincible to attacks from behind (his shield is on his back), but dunno how to config it as for now. I figured it might be <behavior><dictionary><entry name="shield-arc">-60</entry></dictionary></behavior> but I'm not sure if the entry nor the negative value will get it done.
- I asked hipshot if the engine/composite would be able to reproduce a knockback effect into a skill, but no answer so far.
- Last idea I had was to make him do a projectile groundshake, but I didn't manage to configure continuous sprites (pretty much like in boss_knight's strike).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:02:27 AM by prophet »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Hammer Souls (Dark Souls rendition)
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
Boss knights strike is limited only to that boss AI, you need to use that if you want to build a enemy like him.
You can't set the direction of the armor on the passive composite skill.

Projectile ground shake, what do you mean here? If you look at the towers in the desert campaign, they shoot a long beam, maybe you can do something like that to simulate the ground strike effect?

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 08:28:34 PM »
Thx for answering!

Can you elaborate more related to boss AI? Here is an idea I had for a leap attack, but I guess it would only work in a boss AI...

Leap
  • Set blink for traveling towards player (negative dist)
  • stage 1 (out of current location): jump animation (3 frames: 1st mob lay down, 2nd mob start jump, 3rd mob is off ground);
  • stage 2 (into new location): landing animation (6frames: frame 1~3 mob shadow getting focused in ground, 4th mob still mid air, 4th mob landing, 5th mob hits ground and scraps).
  • Set splash damage for landing damage// (area splash effect)

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 04:38:38 AM »
@Hipshot: Another thing I would like to ask as well:

Even though I asked about the boss AI stuff, I'm pretty sure it's not moddable. So, the problem is: I'm not really into drawing sprites if they can't meet up the hype of the correspondent creature (I'm not that happy with the result attained with Havel...).

Then I started working with some possibilities to end up the campaign while keeping the momentum within the content, and the one that shined the most was the one related to having a minion (if you played Dark Souls, a summon) to help you with the boss. Basically make a mob that can't be hit by the player and will agro the boss. Is it possible?

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 12:21:12 PM »
@Hipshot: Another thing I would like to ask as well:

Even though I asked about the boss AI stuff, I'm pretty sure it's not moddable. So, the problem is: I'm not really into drawing sprites if they can't meet up the hype of the correspondent creature (I'm not that happy with the result attained with Havel...).

Then I started working with some possibilities to end up the campaign while keeping the momentum within the content, and the one that shined the most was the one related to having a minion (if you played Dark Souls, a summon) to help you with the boss. Basically make a mob that can't be hit by the player and will agro the boss. Is it possible?

No, you can't make a friendly npc that targets an enemy. What you can do however, is a tower where the projectiles can damage an enemy, maybe you can use that? An idea I had previously was to switch a tower from foe to friend, so it would damage enemies instead and help you out in areas where there's a lof of enemies and such, of it shoulden't be so easy to push that convert button either.

prophet

• Invader
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 11:20:02 PM »
No, you can't make a friendly npc that targets an enemy. What you can do however, is a tower where the projectiles can damage an enemy, maybe you can use that? An idea I had previously was to switch a tower from foe to friend, so it would damage enemies instead and help you out in areas where there's a lof of enemies and such, of it shoulden't be so easy to push that convert button either.

But this tower would be targeting the player as well, wouldn't it? I could work with a stationary npc (let's say I would make sprites of a npc standing still while shooting an AK-47 at a boss) but he would need to keep agro at the boss, not the player.

Anyway, isn't the boss AI modable at all? I'm pretty sure you answered it elsewhere, but why exactly isn't playable classes and boss AI not moddable?