Author Topic: Roguelike mode?  (Read 2980 times)

nlknlk

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Roguelike mode?
« on: February 26, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
I'm sure this has been suggested before, and may be completely the wrong aim of hammerwatch, but I recently purchased the game, and after playing for a while I can't help but feeling how fun it would be if there was a roguelike mod for multiplayer with friends.

Only one life, permadeath and no saving/loading. Possibly some type of reviving for coop buddies. (Saving possible for closing down game and continuing, but not loading after a failure)
Randomly created dungeons. You may think this sounds hard to implement, but I'm sure it's doable for hammerwatch. Start simple and build from there. Could even be some randomness to puzzles and bosses, but if it's too much work you could skip that to begin with.
Score and leaderboards is a big bonus, a requirement really, but wouldn't have to be there from day 1.

It's this that makes some games so incredibly addicting and adds so much to replayability, you should really consider trying because I think if you made a "big roguelike announcement patch" you could gain a lot of players since the roguelike genre is very popular right now.

Cheers on the good work Hipshot, remember you from mapcore wasn't it?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 04:27:47 PM by nlknlk »