Author Topic: Beta Patch Notes for 1.22  (Read 5240 times)

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Beta Patch Notes for 1.22
« on: April 11, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
So we've been working on adding a new class and also fixing the problems people are having with firewalls and opening ports. The game will try to use Steam networking to go through firewalls when joining games through the server browser or when right clicking on a friend and selecting join game, if either the client or host are not using Steam the game will fall back to the old networking model.

To enable this patch right-click Hammerwatch in your Steam library and pick properties, then go in to the Betas tab and select beta_1.22 from the drop down list. Just select it and verify the integrity of game cache to force Steam to download the update.

Misc:
  • Added thief class
  • Changed the HUD
  • Added custom mouse cursor
  • Added click sound to buttons in the menu
  • Wizards flame spray now goes through enemies
  • Wizards ice nova no longer has a cast time
  • Wizard flame spray and meteor strike improved

Technical:
  • Now using Steam networking when possible
  • Tweaked game scale for certain resolutions
  • Enemies can now walk through each other when walking at different speeds
  • Strafing now properly netsynced

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Patch Notes for 1.22
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »
Best

Update

Ever...

Can't

Wait.

jaZz_KCS

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »
I wish you guys would update your Humble Bundle links besides the Steam, so ppl like me who have bought it otherwise like in a Humble Bundle could also finally try out the new versions.  :'(

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:48:08 AM »
We will when 1.22 gets out of beta. Version 1.21 was a little bit problematic since it fixed some things but it had other issues, so we never released that. This version actually contains new content and is certainly an improvement, so we will will release it.

Sol Morningstar

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:20 PM »
*Edit*, Went and read the error files, and corrected the error by removing my assets and allowing them alone to be re applied :)

(Just saw the update =/ but everytime I try and load a game it crashes, I can get to the launcher and what not but trying to load a mission whether it be single or multi it crashes.. I have deleted and re-installed and verified my game cache.. is there anything I can do to fix it :( ?)

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION - 4/14/2014 6:19:06 PM - HMW 1.22 ---
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
   at TiltedEngine.ResourceBank.GetResource[T](String name) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\ResourceLoading\ResourceBank.cs:line 145
   at ARPGGame.WorldItemBehaviors.WorldItemCheckpointBehavior..ctor(BehaviorData param, ResourceBank resBank) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Behaviors\Items\WorldItemCheckpointBehavior.cs:line 34
   at ARPGGame.WorldItemBehaviors.BehaviorFactory.ProduceItemBehavior(String id, BehaviorData param) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Behaviors\BehaviorFactory.cs:line 73
   at TiltedEngine.WorldObjects.WorldObjectProducers.ItemType.Produce(Vector2 pos) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldObjects\WorldObjectProducers\ItemType.cs:line 50
   at TiltedEngine.WorldLoader.LoadItems(SObject save, WorldNode world, Vector2 offset) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\Tilted Engine\TiltedEngine\WorldLoader.cs:line 259
   at ARPGGame.LevelList.LoadLevel(WorldNode world, WorldDrawer worldDrawer, String level, SObject save) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\LevelList.cs:line 209
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.ClearLevel() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 544
   at ARPGGame.GameBase.Update(Int32 ms) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\GameBase.cs:line 761
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnUpdateFrame() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 939
   at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.Run() in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 552
   at ARPGGame.Program.Main(String[] args) in c:\Projects\ARPGProj\trunk\ARPG\ARPGGame\Program.cs:line 190
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:35:25 PM by Sol Morningstar »