Author Topic: Patch Notes for 1.21  (Read 10722 times)

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
Patch Notes for 1.21
« on: February 03, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »
This patch is mostly just a fix for technical issues for Mac and Linux users and does not contain any new content.

If you have problems with this version, please email error@hammerwatch.com about it, you can also revert to the old version by right-click Hammerwatch in your Steam library and pick properties, then go in to the Betas tab and enter the code "OldVersion120", this should enable the old_1.2 from the drop down list. Just select it and verify the integrity of game cache to force Steam to download the update.

Misc:
  • Flower enemy graphics have been changed and they no longer blog the player when dead
  • Player progress should now be properly saved

Technical:
  • Improved performance
  • Game controllers should now work on Mac
  • Stabilized the game on Mac and Linux by replacing OpenTK with SDL2
  • Mac and Linux users no longer need to have Mono installed to play the game (editor still needs it though)
  • You can now assign what controller each player should use

Editor:
  • Prefabs can now be spawned from scripts
  • Damage areas can now do 0 damage and apply buffs
  • Editor can now create and load prefabs via the regular Save/Load dialogs
  • Editor can now be run without shaders for testing purposes
  • Editor example folder restored
  • Doodads now have adjustable shadow length
  • Levels now have globally adjustable shadow length

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
Re: Patch Notes for 1.21
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:02:57 AM »
eh, i have had my editor open for a few days, and just closed it earlier to update my PC. to my surprise when i launched hammerwatch, I noticed that it updated. and now I have the same problems with the visuals as I did in the 1.21 beta. my editor is all black, with dark red doodads and tiles. it has completely ****ed my editor. I am not sure what is going on still. I tried all render modes, turned off layers one at a time and it is still messed up. I am not sure what is going on. all maps are like this, examples, and customs, and standard ones that I got from the forums.

EDIT: I tried the "HammerEditor.exe no-shaders" from cmd. no luck. it opened up the editor but still had the problems.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:19:26 AM by FFSnipe »
Spoils to the victor...

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:09:11 AM »
100% of my scripting has dissapeared, and i now have lots and lots of errors, i never got before.

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:31 PM »
eh, i have had my editor open for a few days, and just closed it earlier to update my PC. to my surprise when i launched hammerwatch, I noticed that it updated. and now I have the same problems with the visuals as I did in the 1.21 beta. my editor is all black, with dark red doodads and tiles. it has completely ****ed my editor. I am not sure what is going on still. I tried all render modes, turned off layers one at a time and it is still messed up. I am not sure what is going on. all maps are like this, examples, and customs, and standard ones that I got from the forums.

EDIT: I tried the "HammerEditor.exe no-shaders" from cmd. no luck. it opened up the editor but still had the problems.
And the game looks right? Can you post the game log?

100% of my scripting has dissapeared, and i now have lots and lots of errors, i never got before.
Did you try the 1.21 beta before, if so, did it have the same problem? And can you post some of the errors?

I would suggest you both downgrade to 1.2 via the beta tab and "OldVersion120" while I look in to these errors.

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 03:46:53 PM »
Sorry, I ended up goin to sleep last night so it took a while for me to respond. Here is my game log attached. the game itself looks fine. I even messed with all the settings in-game to see if I could reproduce the visuals in the game itself, but all combinations were fine.
Spoils to the victor...

MadMan

• Faggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:44:37 PM »
I can't remember my errors exactly, but it was something to do with my custom xml files being wrong, but i am 100% sure that they worked before the update, i am now in 1.2, and everything as returned as normal, and i also had never tried the beta before.

chiggynuggets

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:17:47 AM »
is there somewhere that i can download the patch? I have a non-steam version for mac, and I'm still running 1.01...

notasailorboy

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:35 AM »
what happened to the code for the Beta?

Gimlao

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 12:49:22 AM »
Hello, just wondering about something : will the Humble Store version be updated to 1.21 some day ? =p
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:24:31 PM by Gimlao »

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Hello, just wondering about something : will the Humble Store version be updated to 1.21 some day ? =p
No, but we just released version 1.22, and we will send that to Humble Store soon  (in like a day, just wanna be sure it works).

Myran

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 10:46:22 PM »
Okay, 1.22 is now up on Humble Store