Author Topic: Defeating the Survival Lich?  (Read 8149 times)

danieljones

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Defeating the Survival Lich?
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »
Does anyone have tips for beating the lich in the newer survival level? My friends and I have tried many three and four player games and don't have much trouble leading up to the boss, but we've found it impossible to defeat him without crutches. He has a base of 20000hp (which seems to be multiplied depending on the number of players in the game), and one hit kill attacks.

It would be interesting to know what tactics are out there, and how one can deal enough damage to complete the level with achievements.

[Edit] Much easier! Make sure you avoid the area left of the shop teleporter as it will spawn the boss early.

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
Re: Defeating the Survival Lich?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 03:40:24 AM »
You'll Need 3 friends
4 Players:
2 Paladins-Heal the Rangers when fighting with the boss and to buy extra lifes
2 Rangers-Deafeat the boss.

Try it,then reply me telling you won the achievment or not :)
I have a badger named Alfredo. he does not like assholes

biomatter

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:27 AM »
Heh, I just got to the Lich as a solo Paladin, but I couldn't handle his second magic-casting phase. With no way to block his omni-directional magic missile I fell quickly.

Flygar Stenen

• Skeleton Hater.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 04:40:16 PM »
Ranger have longer range than crystal lich ^-^

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
There should be a way for the Paladin to be able to kill him. Forcing people to play classes they aren't comfortable with is bad.
The King of Maernol

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »
This was my problem a long time ago. I dont know if it has been changed/fixed, i havent played in a while. But basically using the paladin was impossible.
this is one achievement i dont think i will get. i couldnt beat him on easy  :o i ran into a problem though... perhaps it was just bad luck. after i got his health down to 75% and he started shooting a crap load of seeking energy balls, he was in a place where i could only approach from the sides, and it was a long distance to travel. and unfortunately i couldnt get close enough before i died to even hit him once. is there designated places that he goes durring certain periods of his life?
Spoils to the victor...

Lomaxx

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 10:49:47 AM »
I tried it with various classes so far and also came to the conclusion that the paladin doesn't stand a chance against the Crystal Lich. But I managed to beat him solo on medium difficulty with the priest.

Here is a recording of the paladin up to the 2nd phase of the Lich-end-fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO6innvyFJI
And here a successful try with the priest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdKYxoyNV0s

Archer should work too solo. mage and warlock maybe. Chances for a thief are low too in my opinion.

And BTW: a word to the officials: I hope it's ok for you that the recording of the priest-game features the original music. If you want me to remove the video (or music) then please let me know.

Alexion

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 06:09:35 PM »
I managed to duo the Crystal Lich on medium with a friend. (We were both paladins) However, I can't seems to make it work on hard, especially soloing.
But I may have figured out a none cheesy strategy. (A cheesy one would be that a paladin solos until boss and then a friend connects with a ranger to kill it)
Shared Hp pool is actually really helpful in my opinion. If you are 4 players with at least 2 of those being paladins, people can somewhat survive the falling spikes. If Paladins keep upgrading Hp and heal ability while everyone carries a Rejuvenation Potion then everyone should survive. With a group sharing around 500hp, one can survive almost anything, and just one potion can fill that entire hp bar. The paladin group heal can heal all at once, giving it a quadropled effect in the shared Hp pool.
My only problem with this strat is: I need good people to play with :3