Author Topic: Game Suggestions.  (Read 3203 times)

Sokaz

• Indie Developer - Web Developer
    • View Profile
Game Suggestions.
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:24:24 AM »
First off, I bought this game for myself and for a friend not to long ago; we both really enjoy the game however, there is a few things I wish were different.

Suggestions:

IMPORTANT: Allow ranged classes to aim and shoot independently of movement, allowing twin stick like shooting.

IMPORTANT: Randomly generated dungeons. - Perhaps an adventure mode.

Allow users to shoot or slash automatically. - Tapping the A button gets annoying.

Allow mod support , not just custom maps and monsters. We want to be able to make our own classes and weapons.

More soon to come.

taranum

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
    • Afghanistan Pictures
Re: Game Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:44:53 AM »
I believe these are valid suggestions and hope the developers consider it in next release.

NekoBaron

• Scripting Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Game Suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »
You can already use strafe with the archer and move while shooting in one directing, twin stick would make the already laughably easy archer class  even more overpowered. Twin stick based games are also frustrating and horribly biased against keyboard only players.

They wont be adding true random generation levels since its a lot of works and they wanted the game to have a much more personal hand crafted feel instead of relying on random which gives the game a much richer experience.
You can try some user created campaigns and someone did try making a random level generator a while back.

While automatic firing may seem like a good idea the characters will slow down when attacking and you may find yourself dying a lot more, some people have made their own scripts for auto attacking on the forums already.

Custom classes and Weapons are technically possible but last time I checked are locked to prevent people making an overpowered class and using it to run through the campaign. I have not tried making one for a custom campaign though yet which is the only feasible option.