Author Topic: Editing an existing save file with debug version?  (Read 2442 times)

digitallyApocalyptic

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Editing an existing save file with debug version?
« on: May 24, 2014, 01:34:17 AM »
Been playing Hammerwatch lately and recently started a new save file to do a second playthrough and find any and all secret areas, about 70% of which I missed on my first run through. I took the portal from floor 1 to floor 3 not realizing that I couldn't go back to the main part of the first floor, and I'd like to somehow move my character from floor 3 to a (workable) place in floor 1 (i.e. somewhere where I can get from floor 1 to 2 to 3) but I can't seem to figure out how. I looked into the Hammerwatch folder and temporarily moved the debug version from the "editor" folder into the main folder, but it says when I try to load my save file that it was created on a map that I do not have.

Was the debug version not designed for this sort of thing? I read somewhere that it was possible to open a save file up in this manner, turn on noclip, and go where one would please, but it isn't working for me. I'd really prefer to continue with the save file I have and avoid having to start a new one, if possible.