Custom mapping and Mods > Editor Discussion

Basic Editor Tutorial - Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Editor

<< < (5/5)

Phantom:

--- Quote from: Dai Tou Zai on October 03, 2014, 07:17:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kashlavor on October 03, 2014, 12:05:12 AM ---Do you use windows?

--- End quote ---
Yeah i use windows 7

it does nothing for me when i drag and drop a complied map into it, and it wont let me type on it either, it just looks black for a few seconds then disappears.

--- End quote ---

That's not how the extractor works. If you put the assets.bin in the editor folder and run the resourcextractor.exe, you'll see the extrator run for a with that black screen then it'll disappear and extract the whole assets.bin which is default. If you want to extract .hwm files, you can try making a shortcut of the ResourceExtractor.exe . Put whatever .hwm compiled maps inside your editor folder, then right click your shortcut.

Where it says Target, at the end of it, put map campaign.hwm

I used this example for the campaign. You can use whatever .hwm files you want but replace the campaign.hwm with whatever .hwm file you are using.

I attached 2 images below to show you how it works.

Just change the campaign.hwm part with whatever map you're trying to use and make sure it's inside the editor folder too.

Kashlavor:
Phantom is also quite right.  Your extractor should work but you'll have to follow either one of the two methods.

Dai Tou Zai:
Oh okay i got it, thank you guys so very much i really do appreciate the help.

FYI this is like the easiest way to do it

J-man:
I'm having trouble with the lighting, as whenever I change the lighting nothing happens, the background stays black and anything I place are red pixels, no matter what I do to change the lighting it still stays the exact same colors, please help I've tried fixing it but nothing works  :'(

law_4x:
Creative Workshop I downloaded a map, XXX.hwm.
How to open his editor I do I want to modify, or to see or hide the bodies.

:) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version