Author Topic: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update April 6, 2017  (Read 87050 times)

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN][BETA] Dingovania BETA 1.04 - Update March 31, 2015
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2015, 12:30:20 AM »
I should post some of my first tries at art.

t0werblade

• Co-Creator of Dingovania
    • View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:30 AM »
http://imgur.com/SZV2Blk

This is my favorite.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:25 AM »
A lot of the good ones have been deleted or lost in the depths of the backups.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2015, 10:14:28 AM »
Haha "first pixel art" =)
This is more or less my first pixel art ever, actually, not long before we started Hammerwatch so. Then you improve pretty fast when you sit 24/7 with it
http://zfight.com/misc/images/firstpx.jpg
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:23:04 AM by Hipshot »

rpc190

• Map Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2015, 01:16:42 PM »
Wow, I played through this yesterday, it's fantastic. This is definitely the most ambitious and aesthetically pleasing campaign on the workshop. I thought your trees looked perfectly fine to me, and the boat was my favorite piece of art, I raved about it to the person I was playing with.

For those that haven't played through this yet I advise you to do so, also there are spoilers below:

My favorite puzzle ideas were the flame maze that you have to guide the zombies through and the pathing concept of the mine tracks. The only puzzle we couldn't complete was the many staircases puzzle in the crypts. We went down every staircase on both levels numerous times but never figured out what we were supposed to do and ended up having to restart via save since there is no way out.

Even though it was a beta I found it very polished, however we did find a couple of bugs to report:

In the sewers there a room block off by a fence, you can walk through the top part of the fence at least 1 spot.

In the dank forest there are a couple of places where you can get through all the trees, not sure if this really matters to you since you do have the emergency collosion.

In the area where you have to lure the zombies to the fire you can hit the switch on the right even when the firetraps are deactivated and it will play the 'deactivate' animation.

There were a couple of areas where you couldn't shoot through some doodads such as fences, maybe you wanted it this way but the one I noticed the most was the planks in the abandoned mine.

The music definitely has issues with more than one player, we had town music playing while fighting in some caves and jungle. The spider boss music didn't start playing until after we kill him.

When we got the spider boss down to around 20% he stopped functioning and just stood there while we finished it off.

Great work guys, looking forward the future updates.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 01:18:14 PM by rpc190 »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2015, 09:39:32 PM »
So we completed the entire thing today.

This is a great level for sure, the mine cart thing was so fun and the swamp parts looks very very good, the moving grass is excellent. We have a "real" function for that in the new engine actually =) We also have a wind system, which can be seen demoed here!

We are really looking forward to the next chapter.

Btw, we also noted those errors that rpc had with the enter/exits in the crypts and, seems a lot of speech bubbles overlaps each other.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2015, 11:23:16 PM »
I'll work on fixing all of those errors. I want to redesign the catacombs arrow/stairs "puzzle" to be something completely different. The spider boss is still WIP. The animations aren't completely done yet and I still want to tweak her abilities and the encounter. Some of the speech-bubbles break in multiplayer, I'm going to fix them all so that they're only trigger-able once per "rotation" of speech.

We've decided to release the second half of the campaign all in one chunk. In the meantime all of the updates we release will be aimed at polish and bugfixes to this beta file. I want to add more puzzles and more depth to the overworld, as it is a pretty flat and boring part of the campaign. The design goal is that there will always be something to do there in-between acts of the campaign.

Also, about the moving grass. I used to be able to be cut, like the grass in Zelda games. I really liked the way that this worked, but it had too big of a performance impact. It also had the benefit of "obscuring" the player from any enemies. Both of these features relied on collision; unfortunately pathfinding and collision are the two biggest performance drains, especially over multiplayer.

We are glad that you all liked it and are determined to keep working until it's closer to perfect.

Dai Tou Zai

• Definitely Not Blitzcrank
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2015, 06:04:35 AM »
hour and a half later and i still can't find the shop keeper to upgrade my damage and stuff, i have like 20k too Q.Q
No i'm not blitzcrank, stop asking me.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2015, 07:10:48 AM »
It's in the central town.  ;)

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2015, 07:12:23 AM »
I guess a billboard with the word "SHOP" on it might come in handy.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
Hmm, I suggest you rethink the water outside, right now, that permadeath is kinda bad, even with the signs. We even managed to get a paladin over anyway with a priest healing at the same time. Still...
I think you should place collision there instead, just place some walls and hide them.

I know you have performance issues in the overworld, but that's because of all the units (around 17000 I think) you are using, maybe the size can be reduced a slight bit without losing the feeling of it?

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 10:32:08 PM »
Update 1.06 is on the workshop.

-Balanced the thieves in the sewer, Goldface and his goons should be less deadly.
-Re-worked the Obelisk towers in the Catacombs.
-Balanced the explodey zombie lumps in the catacombs. They should do less damage.
-The ranger mini-boss does less damage and shoots fewer arrows.

-Dying via drowning is no longer possible.

-Added two new enemy types in the waters of Dingovania.
-Added new music to the mines and caves of Dingovania.

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN][BETA] Dingovania BETA 1.06 - Update May 17, 2015
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »
Found a game breaking bug. When you don't go into the the teleport by the guy who asks you to get his magic book, but instead take the one on the left, you get caught by the boss in the tomb, behind the closed gates.

nutria

• super paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2016, 06:20:43 PM »
Found a bug.... after an afternoon of match with 2 my friends....... sad ending of the evenining.....

In the catacombs i have all the doors closed around me... no previous saved game, because moving from a level to another the game saved (and destroyed) the previous good game saved.

Suggestion? could you fix it?

t0werblade

• Co-Creator of Dingovania
    • View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2016, 06:43:39 PM »
Found a bug.... after an afternoon of match with 2 my friends....... sad ending of the evenining.....

In the catacombs i have all the doors closed around me... no previous saved game, because moving from a level to another the game saved (and destroyed) the previous good game saved.

Suggestion? could you fix it?

Hey nutria, thanks for posting the bug.
We'll look into it later today and see if we can fix it quickly.
It's worth noting that when we push that update your current save may become incompatible. We've added an area in the Southern part of the telepad room where you can manually get all of your stuff back so you can more or less pick up where you left off if this happens. Please post again if you happen to find a fix before we get the update out, or if you have any questions.