Author Topic: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update April 6, 2017  (Read 87043 times)

Juddinator

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN][BETA] Dingovania BETA 2.1 - Update July 6, 2016
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
Dear DingoZero,

thank you so much your suggestion! It got me through the door and I have just beaten Degrassio! Wow, what a game... I just wish it was even longer :)

Sincerely and with many more thanks,

Juddinator

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2017, 08:49:12 PM »
Glad you liked it.

Soon (tm) we will release a new version that will have many updated things as well as some new things.

Hopefully there is still enough interest to have at least one person play it.

Duemanshi

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »
Just finished this last night with my girlfriend, we loved every moment of it and were impressed with all the detail and assets that were put into this campaign. Please, try to finish this project, I can tell a lot of love was put into this, I'll be keeping my eye out for an update, I'd play the campaign over again in a heartbeat.

I understand it must be hard working on something like this on top of life's normal responsibilities, but, do you have any sort of timeline?

Flemse

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
It's good to hear that you guys are still working on it, keep up the good work.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
We're aiming to release an updated public build on Monday, March 6th.

Duemanshi

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 03:09:21 AM »
So exciting to read this news! I'm ecstatic to play the campaign again with my partner. How much content are you guys adding?

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update March 6, 2017
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2017, 03:17:18 AM »
We've updated both the dropbox build and the steam build.

This build is more or less complete. We intend on bugfixes after we get feedback.

We hope you enjoy this newer version.

robnananana

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2017, 12:22:07 PM »
Just registered to say thank you for all this dedication!
My girlfriend and I are going to play this soon  ;D

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2017, 01:07:39 AM »
Thank you for kind words.

We forgot to fix a bug with the build we pushed 3 days ago, this bug involved being unable to launch the game as a wizard... This is now fixed.

robnananana

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2017, 07:55:49 PM »
2 Notes to the game so far:

There is one secret I could not solve, I will attach a screenshot of the location. These 20 (yellow) pillars can be activated/ deactivated. Any tipps on how to solve it?

Then, I've encountered a game breaking bug for me: We've killed the spider queen, BEFORE we had the mission activated.
Now we do have to "Brave the spider infested mines to the North of the forest village and seek out Hunter" but hunter is gone (we already spoke to him). Can't progress the main questline now!

Else, the campaign is awesome. Thanks!

robnananana

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
Are there any console commands to finish this bugged quest?

Xzereus

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »
I played back in the beta but ran into some issues, so I started a new character last night. You have really polished off the game quite well!

I found just one bug so far, and it wasn't game breaking. While collecting the keys for the giant door, the grave which should be locked until I've walked to each of the skeletons and killed the soldier actually allowed me in if I walked to the right side and then moved left. It's as if I was moving under the lid to the tomb. I was able to get in at this point, but I decided to walk back out and figure out how I was supposed to unlock the tomb first.

Also, is there some sort of hint for the weird electric block puzzle in "A Mysterious Cavern"? It's driving me crazy!

Overall, great map! Very professionally done. We need more maps like this.

t0werblade

• Co-Creator of Dingovania
    • View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2017, 03:21:29 AM »
2 Notes to the game so far:

There is one secret I could not solve, I will attach a screenshot of the location. These 20 (yellow) pillars can be activated/ deactivated. Any tipps on how to solve it?

Then, I've encountered a game breaking bug for me: We've killed the spider queen, BEFORE we had the mission activated.
Now we do have to "Brave the spider infested mines to the North of the forest village and seek out Hunter" but hunter is gone (we already spoke to him). Can't progress the main questline now!

Else, the campaign is awesome. Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback! It really helps.
I think there's two ways of fixing your problem. One involves seeing if you guys can go to the tavern and talk to Hunter there.
If he isn't there, then we need to get you into the debug version of the game to break your way past.
I'm really sorry you ran into that, if we end up having to reset your progress to make it work I'll make it up to you by telling you the answer to the pylon puzzle  ;)

robnananana

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 25, 2017, 02:27:25 PM »
Alright, I just went to the tavern, but hunter is not there (or wickedly drunk and not responding to us because we let him down lol).

I will add another screenshot of the forest village (the one you reach with the mushroom teleporter).
Maybe that is how we got to the cave without the proper quest activated.

I think the entrance to the railway was blocked with some big rocks and some NPC was guarding the gate. Well, we killed the poor fella at the doors to try to sneak in. Didn't work (poor guy). The dead body on the floor kept talking to us anyway. :D
Then we messed up these rocks and walked in over the rails. Was it supposed to work that way? (Now as I think about it, possibly not)

I've got the debug version running with my latest save, but I did not try too much in there. Ready to shoot all the commands, else I will rerun the campaign.

t0werblade

• Co-Creator of Dingovania
    • View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:37 AM »
Alright, I just went to the tavern, but hunter is not there (or wickedly drunk and not responding to us because we let him down lol).

I will add another screenshot of the forest village (the one you reach with the mushroom teleporter).
Maybe that is how we got to the cave without the proper quest activated.

I think the entrance to the railway was blocked with some big rocks and some NPC was guarding the gate. Well, we killed the poor fella at the doors to try to sneak in. Didn't work (poor guy). The dead body on the floor kept talking to us anyway. :D
Then we messed up these rocks and walked in over the rails. Was it supposed to work that way? (Now as I think about it, possibly not)

I've got the debug version running with my latest save, but I did not try too much in there. Ready to shoot all the commands, else I will rerun the campaign.

Awesome!
You're right, the rocks were not meant to be breakable at the time you went through them. I went ahead and got that fixed for the next update we push, thanks a lot for the feedback there.
So unfortunately I don't know that we can fix your save without it being super jank. I was hoping there was a console command for setting global flags to clear up your problem, but after talking to Myran it seems no such commands are supported.
Looks like I owe you a puzzle solution.  :-X