Author Topic: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update April 6, 2017  (Read 87039 times)

robnananana

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update March 6, 2017
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2017, 12:12:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply and looking for some solution!
I'm going to replay the original campaign and then come back to dingovania in a week or so.

Maybe you've got just a little hint for the puzzle? :D

t0werblade

• Co-Creator of Dingovania
    • View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2017, 03:53:27 AM »
Maybe you've got just a little hint for the puzzle? :D

Here's my hint:
Pay attention to the password.

Xzereus

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »
i just ran into a bug while playing with a friend, and I'm hoping there's a way to fix it. We are at the quest where we have to meet Hunter north of town. We were coming from the east to the place where he jumps down and creates a crater, and we ended up passing a bit to the west of the path (still in sight) before he appeared. Unfortunately, it seems that some invisible walls are created when he jumps down, and they are actually blocking us from getting to him. They also do not allow us to go south. There's a natural barrier to the west and the north, so we're effectively trapped in a small area.

Is there any way to trigger the conversation or get the invisible walls out of there? I can edit the save if that's what it needs, just need to know what to edit :)

My friend was very disappointed as he is really enjoying playing through this map as much as I did on my first run.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 01:51:31 PM by Xzereus »

t0werblade

• View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2017, 06:35:51 PM »
i just ran into a bug while playing with a friend, and I'm hoping there's a way to fix it. We are at the quest where we have to meet Hunter north of town. We were coming from the east to the place where he jumps down and creates a crater, and we ended up passing a bit to the west of the path (still in sight) before he appeared. Unfortunately, it seems that some invisible walls are created when he jumps down, and they are actually blocking us from getting to him. They also do not allow us to go south. There's a natural barrier to the west and the north, so we're effectively trapped in a small area.

Is there any way to trigger the conversation or get the invisible walls out of there? I can edit the save if that's what it needs, just need to know what to edit :)

My friend was very disappointed as he is really enjoying playing through this map as much as I did on my first run.

Super sorry that happened, I know it's frustrating.
Somebody else has mentioned this to me but didn't give me enough details for me to find it.
For now, you're going to need to get your save into debug mode to fix it. I'm going to fix this one as soon as I'm able.
Thanks a lot for posting about it, it really helps.
If you need help transferring your save to the debug version of the game let me know.

dingoZero

• Dingovania
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2017, 05:08:37 PM »
Recently updated the build with the following changes:

- Added more magic letter paths to overworld to help aim players in the
right direction.
- Fixed issue where players would get stuck by invisible physics when
triggering Troy's initial Dingo Keep Dialogue.
- Fixed issue where players were able to enter the mines early by
breaking through the rocks blocking the path.
- Fixed issue where the incorrect sound triggered when a player pressed
the submit button in the diamond health puzzle room
- Fixed issue where players could prematurely enter the sun ritual boss
room by walking in from the right side.

An OK Sparrow

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
Re: [CAMPAIGN] Dingovania - Update April 6, 2017
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2017, 11:14:38 PM »
I'm stuck at the point where you talk to Troy and sign the paper. He doesn't give me a follow up objective.

t0werblade

• View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2017, 03:43:24 AM »
I'm stuck at the point where you talk to Troy and sign the paper. He doesn't give me a follow up objective.

Hey Sparrow, sorry for the late reply. I'm going to be looking into this and see if I can replicate your problem and find a fix sometime in the next few days. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

t0werblade

• View Profile
    • Dingovania Steam Page
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 01:45:58 AM »

It appears to me that we didn't put in any actual objective text there, which is something I now intend to add. The positive here is that since this is an oversight and not a bug, your save should be fine. The objective text that should read at this point for you is something along the lines of, "Seat at least three members at the Dingo table in Dingo keep.".
You can get certain NPCs to sit at the table by completing their quests. Hunter, David, Jim, and Kress can all sit there I think (and maybe Commander Jooby I can't remember). David can be found at his house West of Dingotown (depending on the game state), Jim can be found within the tavern, and Kress can be found at his Pizza shop in the Southern portion of Dingotown.
Please let me know if you continue to have trouble and we'll see if I can help you out.
My apologies for the trouble.

chevkoch

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2018, 12:30:36 AM »
I hope it's fine to give feedback on Dingovania in this thread still, even though the last post has been a longer while ago.

What a fantastic mod: all the great custom assets, beautiful soundtrack, and lots of creative ideas well implemented that lend this mod more of a slight RPG structure compared with the original - mostly all gauntlety - levels. This high level of production quality plus the sheer length of the campaign on top really makes this special I think. Just registered here to say thanks so much for your hard work, I enjoyed Dingovania more than the official campaigns included with Hammerwatch.

In the Greenrealm (I think that's what the last level is called?), I got stuck in front of one of the green, translucent doors though. After it had initially opened fine hitting the [X] floor switch in front of it (subsequently I got returned to this save point a couple of times when I died beyond that door), there came a point when hitting the switch did not open the door anymore.

But using the debug/noclip method posted by dingoZero above, I was able to progress and finish the game. Again, thanks!

Lohoris

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2018, 01:01:50 AM »
I hope it's fine to give feedback on Dingovania in this thread still, even though the last post has been a longer while ago.

What a fantastic mod: all the great custom assets, beautiful soundtrack, and lots of creative ideas well implemented that lend this mod more of a slight RPG structure compared with the original - mostly all gauntlety - levels. This high level of production quality plus the sheer length of the campaign on top really makes this special I think. Just registered here to say thanks so much for your hard work, I enjoyed Dingovania more than the official campaigns included with Hammerwatch.

In the Greenrealm (I think that's what the last level is called?), I got stuck in front of one of the green, translucent doors though. After it had initially opened fine hitting the [X] floor switch in front of it (subsequently I got returned to this save point a couple of times when I died beyond that door), there came a point when hitting the switch did not open the door anymore.

But using the debug/noclip method posted by dingoZero above, I was able to progress and finish the game. Again, thanks!

I agree this is a fantastic mod, much more than I could have ever expected.

Unfortunately we are stuck at the green wall too, but having a Mac we don't have access to the editor, so we can't turn on noclip… :/

Any ideas?

GreenDude

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2018, 12:23:11 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say AWESOME! Really, this campaign is just unbelievably great. I played it all the way through with my girlfriend but got stuck somewhere in the green realm (can't get by green door with X).

I know this bug was already listed, but I seem to dumb for this "noclip-method" described by dingozero to solve it by myself. I've inserted the console.xml into the editor folder, as well as the save file. However, when I start the debug version of hammerwatch, I cannot load my dingovania save since it says I don't have the corresponding map file...
It would be great if someone could help me resolve this issue - google has left me with more questions than answers.

Thank you very much in advance!!!
And thanks again for this wonderful experience!

__
Furthermore, I can't find the proper way to the golden item in the diverted realm, I always seem to be running in circles... but I'm onto that :)