Author Topic: About language/menu files  (Read 4285 times)

Orden

• View Profile
    • Traducciones de Orden
About language/menu files
« on: June 24, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »
Today I've been playing around with the Editor and the game's files, and I noticed the language/english.xml file.

Is it possible to make the game load a modified version of it? Not counting map-specific stuff, the game doesn't have a lot of text and it'd be cool to translate Hammerwatch to other languages.
I know how to change text shown in a map, but I'm interested in changing the menu text.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:13:52 PM by Orden »

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
Re: About language/menu files
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:22:56 PM »
You can have the game load a different english.xml, however, there are a limited amout of different characters, so a lot of languages aren't supported. Languages using the standard english letters and also the swedish ÅÖÄ are supported.

Orden

• View Profile
    • Traducciones de Orden
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:37:37 PM »
You can have the game load a different english.xml, however, there are a limited amout of different characters, so a lot of languages aren't supported. Languages using the standard english letters and also the swedish ÅÖÄ are supported.
I am interested in translating the game to Spanish, and apparently the font has all the characters I need.

How can I make it load a different english.xml? I suppose I would have to repack assets.bin, but I do not know how. Editing the .bin file causes the game to crash.
Sorry if this sounded stupid, but I do not know much about editing compressed files.

Zerel96

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 05:52:33 PM »
I am interested in translating the game to Spanish, and apparently the font has all the characters I need.

How can I make it load a different english.xml? I suppose I would have to repack assets.bin, but I do not know how. Editing the .bin file causes the game to crash.
Sorry if this sounded stupid, but I do not know much about editing compressed files.

That translation was made it before (for me btw) and you can get it from here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/239070/discussions/0/558747287524175152/