Author Topic: Patch Notes for 1.23 (July 2014)  (Read 19825 times)

Gimlao

• View Profile
Re: Patch Notes for 1.23 (July 2014)
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 01:18:41 PM »
Oh ... I don't know why I mingled "flag" and "banner". ^^;;

Eldur

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 03:36:32 PM »
Wohoo, nice new update and it's already on gog.com. Great job - seems like I'm going to play Hammerwatch again in the next days/weeks :)

Thoughts on this Patch.
Thank you kindly for autofire!!!!
I can understand the need to nerf the ranger, but two nerfs??? Slowing it while firing was enough in my opinion to make it 2 times harder to play the ranger (which is good actually). Lowering its range seems a bit much.

Suggestions...
- Would really love to see a Player Stat screen, showing your base and variation values for health, movement speed, etc. So you can see how many +5% bonuses you have and what your base would be without them.
- Maybe also track "Secrets Found" on the statistics screen?

I did my first playthrough with the Ranger and his excessive, I'd even say unlimited range made some situations awfully easy. And well, he was already extremely slow while shooting (if done with external autofire possibilies), so I don't see how much this will make now as I have to check it first.

Regading your suggestions, I fully concur. Exactly that's what's still missing, even if it's absence doesn't kill the fun at all - but especially the +5% boosts make a stat screen really reasonable. In the first versions you could at least remember the values from the upgrade shops, but now? :D

PS: I hope you'll eventually find a fix for the music loop cut, I don't see this done in the list ;)

Nicholas Steel

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »
I imagine the range nerf to the Ranger was because it was hard to develop levels that the Ranger couldn't exploit. In the default levels there are various locations where he can shoot across chasms at hapless enemies without repercussion and in general can stay waaaay outside of combat while greatly helping other players/killing most things before it even reaches him.
Windows 7 x64
Intel i7 920 CPU
ASUS P6T Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 560Ti Video Card
Auzentech Forte Soundcard

jaladreips

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2014, 12:07:42 PM »
I'm still waiting to see nerf for a paladin.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 12:52:57 PM »
You mean less damage on him?

jaladreips

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 02:47:02 PM »
Less aoe damage maybe. And less mana, fighter class shouldn't be able to spam spells like it was tibia

Flygar Stenen

• Skeleton Hater.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2014, 03:18:28 PM »
I think that the Paladin have a bit too high attack speed, just compare to the thief, a huge sword should clearly have lower attack speed than two small knives! :p

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2014, 03:47:05 PM »
Paladin got seriously boring with slower attackspeed, we just upped the attackspeed on the thief instead and removed the cost of using skills...

jaladreips

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
This is fast paced game, anything that involves slowing stuff makes the game boring :<

Damage dependant on number of targets hit would do the trick, because main problem here is just running in the middle of everything and doing wushwushwush and winning.