Author Topic: Community Growth?  (Read 16085 times)

shiftyBOT

• KlokWorkz main artist and level designer.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Growth?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
I mean shutting them out of the IRC
besides, why would they need that.......
I see your point. I just don't want people going
"haha U suck n00b UR stupid for using linux U dumb***"

but i see your point.
its unfair to shut them out :P
I just don't want to deal with haters and trolls :/

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2014, 01:21:36 AM »
(I don't want it to be know on steam,there are to many windows trolls there).
Steam is a pretty large community, and I don't think shutting them out is the best course of action...
Steam's a great place for things like the maps. Would make it helluva lot easier to share it with everybody else. :)
I didnt think people used irc that much any more... I have't used it since my tfc days really.
You'll be surprised. Game's Communities are trying to bring IRC back into equations. Games like Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, Starmade, and a well bunch of others are actually quite busy. I honestly think Minecraft has the largest IRC community currently, with a large load of channels for mods, support, and just basic and general discussions related and unrelated to the game. The Support channel (#Minecrafthelp) gets a large load of traffic, even when it wasn't supported by Mojang.
The King of Maernol

shiftyBOT

• KlokWorkz main artist and level designer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:46 AM »
huh. didnt know that :P

~shiftyBOT

Ralp

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 11:33:09 PM »
I bet the community would be larger if people could learn how to check that damn "Private" box!  >:(

DivinityArcane

• wat
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 08:41:35 AM »
Would that be a dedicated IRC channel for HW? A server like Freenode or even Rizon may be better for that. Anyway, if it's a stable thing, I'll stick around on it. I still use IRC.

Hipshot

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 11:28:11 AM »
I installed irc too yesterday...

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
Would that be a dedicated IRC channel for HW? A server like Freenode or even Rizon may be better for that. Anyway, if it's a stable thing, I'll stick around on it. I still use IRC.
Esper's always up and running. Had a problem only once with them, and it was a hardware fault. And I'm talking about, say, 3 years of IRC use?
The King of Maernol

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 06:06:54 AM »
I have been a member of quite a few small dev team/indie game forums. perhaps getting connected to some social network sites? twitter is the one i am thinking of the most. Even if it is just one tweet every day, or every other day, I think it would help. You would be surprised, the amount of followers you can get in a few days. Tweet something, someone retweets it, your followers followers see it, so on so on.

oh, and i know ive been absent for a while, my laptop got destroyed, and i lost all the custom stuff i was working on.... so in my defeat, i just gave up instead of starting completely over. but i need my editing back. its like.... crack or something  ;D
Spoils to the victor...

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 02:47:56 PM »
I have been a member of quite a few small dev team/indie game forums. perhaps getting connected to some social network sites? twitter is the one i am thinking of the most. Even if it is just one tweet every day, or every other day, I think it would help. You would be surprised, the amount of followers you can get in a few days. Tweet something, someone retweets it, your followers followers see it, so on so on.

oh, and i know ive been absent for a while, my laptop got destroyed, and i lost all the custom stuff i was working on.... so in my defeat, i just gave up instead of starting completely over. but i need my editing back. its like.... crack or something  ;D
That's a nice idea. I'd share a few facebook posts, and this way Hipshot could even give quick updates to those who don't use the IRC, or do some Mod / Map features every now and then.
Also, was it a disk drive failure? If not, you could swap out the Hard Drives, and keep your map.
The King of Maernol

FFSnipe

• Maze Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 03:31:31 PM »
i wish thats all it was... sadly it was more than just my maps too. all my custom tilesets, sprites, everything.
Spoils to the victor...

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »
i wish thats all it was... sadly it was more than just my maps too. all my custom tilesets, sprites, everything.
D:
The King of Maernol