Author Topic: -Finished!-(Suggestions)-Flutist,Shaman,Archer,Mage and Barbarian  (Read 9615 times)

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
(Suggestions)-New Classes

(I dont want to suggest anything Overpowered,i made these classes focused in damage.but I want them to have a balance :) )

---Flutist---A class focused more on damage, but not causing a huge damage to not create a overpowered class, and compensation to the damage (just remembering that it is not a giant damage), it has a really small HP

Uses a flute to play Songs (cursed scores)
(Remembering that the flute is only used in Skills)
Uses a dagger to attack, and its blade is Cursed, causing damage as if it were poison (I recommend a dark purple effect with a lighter shade of red)

(Starting Skill)
Plays a musical score,invoking the soul of an ancient warrior, appearing for a second,giving great damage with a scythe and causing a flame or a dark gray wave that follows a straight line (as the Combo Nova)causing a bit of damage.

(Second Skill)
Plays a Musical score,that calls their dead companions to help you, by doing hands come out of the ground to hold the enemy, leaving them stranded and causing damage (small but continuous) to them.

(Third skill)
Plays a musical score,that invokes death for a second, hitting the ground with his scythe making blades off the ground in random areas
around the player.

Passive 1: The Flutist wins chance to critical hit after 5 consecutive blows

Passive 2: The curse of the dagger of the Flutist earns bonus damage every enemy who dies because of it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaman-
Uses a Mace to hit the enemies,and Totems/wards to boost friends and Himself,Something like more Damage,more Velocity,etc and one Damage skill,like a Lightning bolt.
Or/
It uses A Lightning bolt(Medium Damage) to attack,And have one or two damage spells or Boost himself.
--Low HP
Great MP--

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archer-
I Know,"We have the Ranger",but this one is different,it uses a bow to shoot(ORLY?!),Deals a great damage,but he cant shoot while walking and have a cooldown to shoot again,something like 1 sec/1,5 sec and the arrow flies really quick,penetrating four enemies(or not).
Skills:
-Shoot three arrows,one arrow to each direction,one arrow to one direction(1D sucks :\).
-Shoot an arrow that explodes on contact with something
-Shoot arrows into the air,then the arrows fall around the Archer,deals great damage(some of they explodes),just like the wizard Meteors.
--35 HP(at start)
50 MP--

Mage
I Know,"We have the  Wizard"²But this one is different².
It doesnt uses fire or elements like air and water,it have really powerfull skills,but a very low HP(seriously,10 HP) and a lot of mana.
Skills:
-Summon(not really "summon"just make looks like a summoning) a lot of Bats(Different bats) to Fly at the enemies and deal damage(a lot of bats,each bat deals a bit of damage).
-Dash,but leaving 1 "summoned"orc/demon/(anything) that explodes.
-"Summon" Shadows and light that goes out of the Mage staff and deals Damage around the mage.(8 Directions,4D:Light beam,4D:Shadow beam,or something like this.)
--Very low HP
Great MP--

And finally,the last class.
Barbarian-
A Dward that uses a Big Hammer to hit the ground,deals damage to its front,Deals a great damage(Great Damage ATT :) )and havent a lot of armor bonus(cos this is a Barbarian,just uses Animal skin.),and have a Really low speed.
--Great HP
Low MP--
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:26:34 PM by Ykanns »
I have a badger named Alfredo. he does not like assholes

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
Re: (Suggestions)-New Classes
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 02:16:17 PM »
So you're saying: Let's add another melee type, who benefits off of killing with their primary attack. At the end of the game, I'm pretty sure the boss will be one-shot.
The King of Maernol

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 05:12:16 PM »
No, if it did it would not be so cool to play, I am suggesting another class more focused on damage,but it is still a suggestion, I'm still modifying the post,making it better. :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 05:22:21 PM by Ykanns »

CrusaderDeleters

• The Great Crusader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 05:42:22 PM »
"Passive 2: The curse of the dagger of the Flutist earns bonus damage every enemy who dies because of it" Meaning, For more kills (The dagger is the main weapon), the more damage. Lets say you start out with a base of 1. And you're soloing the game. You play the game normally. By the end of the game, you can now do over 10000 damage. That's probably killing the dragon in making one shot and a tiny bit more.
The King of Maernol

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:05:13 PM »
No,Its not like this  :)
When your curse damage kills an Mob,you get a TEMPORARILY bonus damage(something like...From 2 per second to 3 per second),and Bosses and mini-bosses can't be afected by the Curse  :)

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
Re: -Finished!-(Suggestions)-Flutist,Shaman,Archer,Mage and Barbarian
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 06:31:13 PM »
Finished!

jaladreips

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »
These all are just tweaks to existing classes. I say instead of new classes we make more ways of development for the ones that already exist.

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:02 PM »
Cool class ideas! I do have a few thoughts though. For one, the archer is way too similar to the ranger. Also, it seems like the flutist is situated completely around death spells, more like a necromancer. I would think a flutist would give buffs, but it could be offensive and there is no problem with that. I really like the shaman idea, you should take a look at shadow shaman in DotA as they are very similar, might give you an idea for another ability. The barbarian also sounds cool, you should take a look at the gladiator class idea i posted in a different thread, because i noticed you didn't mention any abilities for him.     http://hammerwatch.com/forum/index.php?topic=1671.15      I haven't really got any input on the mage other than I think he should be called a summoner, but it doesn't matter. All in all, great class ideas!

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 11:48:18 PM »
Tnx bro,yeah, i hadnt any idea for the Barbarian skills,i had,but i forgot,i'll Have a look bro.

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:00:34 AM »
These all are just tweaks to existing classes. I say instead of new classes we make more ways of development for the ones that already exist.
Well,youre right,but the Ideas that i have for "new" classes arent so good,they would be better in a vampire game,i dont know why,cos i dont like Vampires,But i didnt said that i created the class,bro :),its really a way of development that i like.(Sorry bout the english,this is not my local language :\)

jaladreips

• Maggot Crusher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:26 AM »
Well,youre right,but the Ideas that i have for "new" classes arent so good,they would be better in a vampire game,i dont know why,cos i dont like Vampires,But i didnt said that i created the class,bro :),its really a way of development that i like.(Sorry bout the english,this is not my local language :\)
Don't spit out class ideas like a factory. Make one but with totally new concept. For example, to fit your vampire theme, new class could have power to "tag" monsters. Tagged monsters take low damage and tag lasts for x seconds. Now that's where it gets really cool: your basic attack damage scales with number of tagged monsters.

Or create sorcerer who is based on wormholes.

Totally crazy ideas. You don't even need to balance them. We can discuss that later, but nobody wants to have 4 types of paladin.

Ykanns

• The be u Tiful
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
Don't spit out class ideas like a factory. Make one but with totally new concept. For example, to fit your vampire theme, new class could have power to "tag" monsters. Tagged monsters take low damage and tag lasts for x seconds. Now that's where it gets really cool: your basic attack damage scales with number of tagged monsters.

Or create sorcerer who is based on wormholes.

Totally crazy ideas. You don't even need to balance them. We can discuss that later, but nobody wants to have 4 types of paladin.
K,bro. But i'm not trying to add more Paladins,im just saying what i think that would be really cool to play,u know? :)

RPG_Fatality

• A monster's nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 03:45:08 PM »
I bet a Vampire Hunter would look pretty cool with some crossbows... and a cloak.