Custom mapping and Mods > Custom Maps

[CAMPAIGN][RELEASE]Hexen: Beyond Hammerwatch

(1/6) > >>

rpc190:
Edited to reflect final version [06/01/2016] [/necro]

Hexen: Beyond Hammerwatch
A series of Hammerwatch maps based on the game Hexen. Major update adding new additional hubs, Shadow Wood and the Heresiarch's Seminary. Now includes 7-10 hours of play time, 4 bosses, 3 hidden maps and much more.

Download on Steam Workshop.
Or Here: http://tinyurl.com/jpwt92f   [Updated 06/02/2016]

What To Expect

* Medium - Hard difficult depending on ability.
* Many custom assets including music, enemies, tilesets.
* 15-20 hours play through depending on abilitiy.
* A range of medium challenging puzzles.
* Many difficult traps to avoid.
* Hexen themed stages with elements similar to the original game.
* Unique bosses that go beyond shoot and spawn style.What NOT To Expect

* A stage by stage recreation of Hexen, it doesn't work that way when ported over.
* A perfect game, there will be bugs.Screenshots

Enjoy.

ChrisN:
Wow, this campaign was really good!

Me(paladin) and hipshot(wizard) played it in 2,5 hours and once we came through the easier area it was a real blast! The game has a real nice difficulty curve with just the right amount of difficulty when playing two player.

I have not played the original Hexen but hipshot has played it 15 years ago and he didn't remember all of the map either. nontheless, the port was great!

Spolier alert : // STARTS

As we came closer to the end of the game destroying all levelprogression statues/walls/gears we were not sure if we had won the game because the main hub is called Seven portals but we couldn't locate the last exit portal(?) even though we all the progression items were destroyed.

Did we miss something? I assume there must be a end screen we didn't reach.

Spolier alert : // ENDS

The only critic I have is that some textures feel very flat or walls that have missing corners, some characters have different pixel resolutions which could be improved upon so the all have a the same consistency.

ps: these skulls freaked hipshot out, great stuff

pps: We hope you will be able to add this map omtp steam workshop, so more people can enjoy this map!

rpc190:
WARNING SPOILERS

Can any one else confirm that you can't complete the game? It's actually difficult for me to test.

Are you sure you hit all switches? Did the you solve all sixths of the puzzle on seven portals? There are two in each Guardian. After which an passage on Seven Portals should open opposite to where to the starting portal is.

ChrisN:
Ah, I know we did not finish the puzzle because one was in the steel maze which we ignored after losing loads of lives, I guess we have to get back there to finish the game :P

Thanks for reply!

Hipshot:
Yea, that steelmaze was very tough to handle =)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version